VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Appointment-Didn't Know-Kept Appointment?

Rate this question

mariorivera830

Question

There were a few of my contentions that went to remand, so I checked my appointments on ebenefits and apparently there was an appointment last week that just popped up. I didn't know about it, so I was going to call to reschedule, but it says that I kept it.

Has anyone had this happen? And should I take any other steps? Thanks in advance.

-Mario Rivera

Geez......sometimes I think I have seen it all......

I think you should send them an IRIS request unless you have a vet rep to ask them some questions.

Everyone here knows that VA is in big trouble due to their scheduling problems that caused the deaths of veterans in Phoenix and the FBI is looking at many VAMCs to see how these appointments are being handled.

I think the VA might have started to schedule C & P exams and then deliberately fail to advise the veteran of the exam, so they can say they schedule exams properly but often vets are a no-show (and of course that fact could deny the claim right away.)

You might even want to email the VA IG hotline.

I did this a few months ago regarding something else.

Part of my complaint did involve a pending claim I have.

IG always responds very quickly to a claims issue saying they dont have jurisdiction to look into it.

They have not responded at all to me and that is a good thing but I don't know what issue I mentioned caught their eye.

It certainly could be what I told them about my claim. I told IG the VA could certainly make a DIC award again (this is what IRIS said they were working on... a DIC claim) but I already get DIC so I asked the IG who will get the check?

My DIC claim was filed 20 years ago and awarded on 3 bases.

In your case something about this exam stinks too.

who showed up for the exam? and what was it for?

Tell the IG what you told us here, that you had no notification of the exam but someone did....

Mario, if I were you I would sure do something to try to find out what happened........

Maybe ebenefits is wrong but still this could have a negative impact on your claim.

You can get to ebenefits via the 800# to get a real person. But I found that (I have to call them personally to get a status on my claims) they often dont get it right anyhow.

Edited by Berta

PR gave good advise as well........

This might be just a usual VA snafu but then again, I would sure look into this if I were you, anyway you can........

You could file the IRIS as a Complaint (there is pop down menu for that at IRIS)

Complaints s at IRIS go to the RO as well as to VA Central.

I filed a Cue request on a decision I got in 2011 that was only days old ,via an IRIS complaint ,and they reversed their decision in 3 weeks. I raised other hell too on that but the complaint got to VA Central and they called me.

Sometimes we have to definitely look into this stuff and in my case I have often had to get tough with them to respect my rights as a claimant.

I would also print the schedule page from ebenefits showing the appointment and the notation that you kept the appointment. The VA may delete the notation or change it to cover their rear end. Good to have a copy of anything the VA puts in writing in case it is needed for future reference.

Did you happen to get a phone call? A C&P can be conducted on the phone under some circumstances. My recent IHD claim C&P was done by phone. Goggle: "DVA compensation and pension examinations ACE"