VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

At The Va, Lying Is Now Called "misinterpreting"

NavyWife

I believe it is the mindset of VA managers, VA employees and even VA OIG personnel who all believe lying and denying are normal and acceptable behavior as long as they personally benefit (bonuses, promotions, lighten workload, protect their jobs, etc.) from the behavior. This mindset is systemic throughout the VA and the welfare of the veterans is forgotten or intentionally disregarded. JMO

Mindset or groupthinking is what perpetrated the fiasco of the Bay of Pigs as well as the beginning of the Pearl Harbor attack.

I studied this in psychology class many years ago, but what is ,in essense, a social or group phenomena, has become the status quo for the VA....with many good dedicated employees of the system victimized by this typr of thinking and they fear retaliation if they don't comply with the powers that be.

At least Kennedy admitted to his Bay of Pigs errors. I wonder if the VA will ever fully take accountability for their errors.

Edited by Berta

You are right. The good ones have to go along to get along or suffer the consequences. Hopefully, more of the good VA employees will have the courage to become whistleblowers and continue to reveal the dark secrets of the VA. I can understand why they are hesitant to speak out as it appears the level of accountability so far has not been adequate to really address the problems and change the current mindset.

The system needs a complete rehaul and needs to be simplified.

1. Tell vet what medical information is needed

1A. Have a documented episode in service or one year after discharge.

2. Lets vet get information from current physician.

3. Let information speak for itself.

Folks:

With over 200,000 VA employees, it's no fair to paint them all with such a broad brush? There's a new boss there now, so we'll get a chance to see what he can do?