Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

12 Months For Fdc Received 80%

Rate this topic

NavyWife

It doesn't make sense that a person that lives in Kansas can get their claim done in 2 months, but a person that lives in California, Washington or Florida has to wait 12 to 16 months. So maybe, just maybe they will start sending claims to be processed at whatever VARO has the lowest number of claims pending. I haven't read anything official about this yet, but I hope they do it.

They already transfer claims to less flooded VARO's.

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

Congrats to you and your husband Navywife. I know it's been a long hard struggle and the fight is still not over. I'm still fighting the fight because I experience the same thing with a rushed decision on my claim. My claim went from notification to close in the same day, on a Friday.

NavyWife:

Thanks for the addtional explanation as it gives me a much better sense now...about your 'Review Phase" experience and the time it required. I've learned a lot from contributors like you on this board and really appreciate your efforts and knowledge. I think vets are very fortunate to have other vets and their sposues as well as significant others as contributors here.

Once again, congrats and I hope your family has a wonderful celebration to enjoy this outcome. There's more to go but it's a terriffic start - to say the least....

Conrats, i know what your husband is going through... My wife constantly says dont think about i, try to find a hobby, but you really cant help.. I am very happy for you guys.... Thank him for his service please.....

I fought for my country , now I'm fighting my country ... Something is not Right Here!!!

congratulations your an awesome , tenacious woman, ..

Thanks 63SIERRA! Your comment made my day! I probably have a little OCD Obsessive Compulsive Disorder which accounts for the tenacious part!!

Carlie--I was meaning more like at the very beginning when they receive the claim that it would be farmed out immediately to the VARO with the lowest number of claims. It seems like right now they let the claim sit and sit and sit until they finally figure out they won't get to it anytime soon, so then they farm it out. But by then, the claim has already been pending a long time.

Saxman--yes, we had the same thing with a rushed decision completed on a Friday. Also it just happened to coincide with the end of the federal fiscal year...hmmm

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use