VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Have A Question 100% Ratings

Rate this question

JayBrown1

Question

I have a combine rating of 100%, but on ebenefits it say I am being paid at 100% because I am unemployable, I am also Total and Permanent with no future exams. All of my disabilities are physical so why do some people get 100% T&P and others get what I got and then some get 100% scheduler? Where can I find info on the difference between them and the benefits that comes with each one of them?

Well, kind of. The VA can still reduce you later on if you improve. There are many rules on reductions in ratings, that I wont go into here. A P and T rating makes it more difficult for VA to reduce, but if a doc says you improved, you are still subject to a reduction. However, your doc will need to indicate you had sustained improvement, not just episodic improvement, "under ordinary conditions of life" (i,e working).

• HadIt.com Elder

I have a combine rating of 100%, but on ebenefits it say I am being paid at 100% because I am unemployable, I am also Total and Permanent with no future exams. All of my disabilities are physical so why do some people get 100% T&P and others get what I got and then some get 100% scheduler? Where can I find info on the difference between them and the benefits that comes with each one of them?

If you expect to find a rational orderly reason why the difference, you will likely be disappointed. The VARO's and individual raters in them don't do things in any sort of uniformity, other than to deny when possible.

It sounds like you have a higher percentage single disability, with at least one lower percentage. Or, the VA applied some guideline that they don't always use.

It's generally impossible to obtain 100% scheduler with multiple disabilities using the VA's formula, with a possible exception being bi-laterals.

To my way of thinking, If a veteran has a 60% or more single disability, TDIU eligibility and in actual fact is quite likely.

(Regardless of what the VA tries to do!)

100% P&T scheduler is not the easiest rating to be awarded. The VA raters seem to go to great lengths to avoid it.

E-Benefits is not always up to date or accurate.

Edited by Chuck75

So you hit 100% schedular and were then determined to be P&T depending on your rating? You may have been granted TDIU, then P&T because of the nature of the TDIU condition driving the decision. I also think you should send the IRIS and ask for clarification if you need it, but if your eBenefits letter and decision say "no future exams" or "Chapter 35 benefits", you are P&T and it doesn't really matter how or why (JMHO). Just make sure you keep your appointments, etc. so IF you are ever re-evaluated or proposed for reduction, you have no issue beating the VA at this game.

I was awarded 100% schedular in April with the same issue (not P&T because I might improve) - it was no simple feat. I really don't see how the VA considers me as potentially improving, but there it is. So, I was advised to wait a year or so and have my doctor write up a statement that the likelihood of me improving was 'zip' and submit with a request for P&T. I'll let you know how it goes this coming spring. My wife and kids could really use the benefits if something happens to me. I'm still trying to figure out the Fee Basis Dental I received last week.

Good luck and keep posting questions.

Edited by justrluk

I have the Chapter 35 benefits which my daughter is using now. I did send an iris asking this question and the answer I got was "Your combine rating is 100% and you are considered Total and Permenant with no future exams. You are considered unemployable due to your disabilities."

I have the Chapter 35 benefits which my daughter is using now. I did send an iris asking this question and the answer I got was "Your combine rating is 100% and you are considered Total and Permenant with no future exams. You are considered unemployable due to your disabilities."

One thing for sure with chapter 35 you are definitely P & T but now to get to the bottom line you need to find out if you are 100% scheduler or 100% TDIU and the only way you can do that is to request a complete copy of your rating decision including the legend sheet that shows all your disabilities. If you have this rating decision it should state if you are scheduler or TDIU.