Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Pretty Sure They Gave Me Smc S

Rate this question

mariorivera830

Question

My claim just went to complete on ebenefits. By doing a little math in pretty sure they awarded me SMC S. I thought something like this would be used for p&t vets or tdiu vets. But I am just scheduler. I haven't received my bbe yet so I can't be sure, but my AB8 letter still has a 5 year appointment.

Is there anything I have to do now that I have the S? Or are there any other benefits I can ask for now? Like having my wife be my caregiver if I have to quit working? Just need that p&t first.

Thanks.

OEF/OIF Marine Corps Veteran 1999-2003

"FACE YOUR FEAR; ACCEPT YOUR WAR"

SC: 100% with SMC-S for Housebound

PTSD with major depressive disorder and panic disorder: 100% SMC Erectile Dysfunction :sad:

• HadIt.com Elder

You must be a vet since 9/11 and you must be severely disabled this I know. How do you know you are SMC "S". Are you 160% on your rating?

As far as I can calculate, yes. I believe I am at 170%. And I came to the conclusion based on math for the smc s rate plus my dependants. And yes, I am a post 9/11 veteran. Please correct me if my math is wrong on the percentage. But I'm pretty sure....

Thanks.

PTSD with major depressive disorder and panic disorder: 100% SMC Erectile Dysfunction :sad:

We worked that part out. Our biggest fear is that I am going to have to quit working. At least that seems to be the general consensus. And while the extra money is nice, it's the insurance on my wife the 4 kids that worries us.

Would having the smc S make applying for caregiver status for my wife easier. Or are there any other the go that we can/should apply for to help ease the transition from a one income family to a va disability income only family.

Ssdi is an option, but don't you have to be p&t to get the expedited claim processing?

You qualify for SSDI bud, and your 100% rating will help with that claim. As far as the VA Caregiver program, my Wife was approved for me a few months ago. It took us a while, and is very hard to get, but you should be able to, but you or her can not work bud. Good luck

100% PTSD

100% Back

60% Bladder Issues

50% Migraines 
30% Crohn's Disease

30% R Shoulder

20% Radiculopathy, Left lower    10% Radiculopathy, Right lower 
10% L Knee  10% R Knee Surgery 2005&2007
10% Asthma
10% Tinnitus
10% Damage of Cranial Nerve II

10% Scars

SMC S

SMC K

OEF/OIF VET     100% VA P&T, Post 911 Caregiver, SSDI

Thanks! Sounds good. We will get on that as soon as we get that envelope.