VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Newly Diagnosed Ptsd From Va Psych

Rate this question

BoonDoc

Question

I went to my first appointment today with a psychologist, and after 2 hours of asking me questions, she said that I have all of the symptoms of PTSD with agoraphobia. I was taken back since I am not a combat veteran, I was a Corpsman in the Navy. She said she had another medic who had it, and the only group the VA has is for combat vets, but that they accepted the other guy as one of them, but he quit going since he felt out of place...I would too! She was an older lady, so I assume she has been dong this for a while, but I just don't know.

This seems strange to me, but I'm going to wait and see. I know I have the symptoms, but I never dreamed PTSD!?

Is this possable??

Boondoc

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I was rated as having PTSD "Chronic & Severe with a GAF of 35"

But, the RO & BVA turned down every stressor I threw at them.

Think the saying was "This is not the type of exposure that causes PTSD"

Was in the Gator Navy & in Viet Nam 64-65-66-66 & none of my EVENTS (If U will) seemed to satisfy the powers that be.

Finally got comped 100% for another condition so I just let this one go.

Still see a shrink every time he wants to see me but refuse to go to those stupid Group Sessions where everyone won the War single handed & that's even after we got run out of there.