Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Recommendations For Help With A Low Back Problem

Rate this question

Burt

Question

I have noticed most of the site is geared towards helping people file and maintain claims etc and is a wealth of info for that!!! the problem i am having is my back is in rough shape and after getting xrays to find out how bad it was for a comp and pen i now know how bad it is.... i wrote to my doctor via secure messaging and was informed that the ortho i see for other problems does not do backs... but they may be able to tell me where i can get help... i dont do pain pills and im not going to start, other guys i served with that have problems smoke pot for their pain... i refuse to smoke pot for any reason i actually want somone to help me fix the problem. one of the med centers within my driving distance offers chiropractor services, how do i get set up with that? i had a tens unit i got off ebay but it quit and i cant afford another one who can i talk to about getting some help? i feel like as soon as you say back pain they think you want drugs and nobody wants to deal with you anymore. any advice?

left knee 30% right hip 10% lower back and nerve root issues 30% hearing 10% ptsd 70%

they sent me for pt but after 12 weeks they discontinued that treatment as it was not improving the condition and it was making the knee condition worse :(

left knee 30% right hip 10% lower back and nerve root issues 30% hearing 10% ptsd 70%

• HadIt.com Elder

VA is tough to get to are orthopedic doc I have been trying for over 2 years. Really have to have your primary doc backing you.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Vync,

who do i talk to about getting a tens and icepacks like that? please dont say my pcp she truly is useless... when i got set up i had knee, back, hip, vision, hearing, chest wheezing and some skin problems. she did bloodwork and i got the results with a letter basically saying SEE YA NEXT YEAR!! the only way i got referals for any of this is because the comp and pen examiner ordered xrays and stuff!

Burt,

I got mine from my VA PCP. Because you have a useless PCP, I recommend talking to the facility patient representative and ask to get switched to a different PCP.

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.

who do i talk to about getting a tens and icepacks like that? please dont say my pcp she truly is useless...

The people in physical therapy gave me mine.

Take a look at DeFranco's agile series of stretches to help with your lower back and mobility. http://youtu.be/FSSDLDhbacc?list=FLKjIOlZEx_ZWcWlE6zbccfQ