Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Travel Reimbursement

Rate this question

kate7772

Question

My husband had two C&Ps on different dates in the past week. The first was for hearing and the audiologist reminded us to fill out the travel form, which we did. Have never done that before and didn't realize we could since he is not service connected yet. But, on the second C&P, we forgot to do it. Is there a way to do this online? The medical center is about 1-1/2 hrs away. If not, I suppose we could get one from our local VA center.

Thanks

Kate

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• In Memoriam

If you think about it, while you are at the VA, you can always use the Kiosh machine. You can can get your travel pay in the machine without doing any paper work.

Also on the back of the reciept that the kiosh gives you are usually discount for the store. One nurse told me that she bought a computer for her son, with the 50 percent off kiosh discount. There are a lot of things in the store that are useful. I believe the VA are using these discounts to get Vets use to the Kiosh. Travel pay was in the account that night.

Cand p exams are all paid for travel. If you are SC all appointment are paid for travel.

You can go online and print VA form 10-3542, complete the form and mail it in to the travel office at the VAMC where your husband's C & P exams were performed. They will mail you a check. Make sure you submit the travel reimbursement form within 30 days of the C & P exam.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Sounds like the kiosks at Stretch's VAMC are pretty good. I'll have to see if the ones here have that feature added. Last time I checked, they did not print any receipts.

I have been using the kiosks for appt check-in, but today was the first time I realized they spit a paper out. It was a coupon for buy one fountain drink get one, so we used it on the way home.

But what "store" did you use to buy a computer at 50% off at?

• In Memoriam

The kiosh here prints a reciept. Most guys just let the paper hang in the machine without looking at it. The paper has a place for your vitals also that you are supposed to use for vitals. The VAMC store that is usually right across from the canteen. There is a store in all the VAMC's. In Little Rock AR the store is hugh. There is all kind of stuff in these stores. I bought a cheep jacket one time just to go out and have a smoke in the cold, it had a nice hood on it.

Edited by Stretch