Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

The Eagle Has Landed "part 2"

Rate this topic

aggie54

Well finally after waiting for over 4 years for my claim to be completed, today was the day. My initial claim started back on 2010 Sept 1, after retiring. In 2012 I was awarded 90%, and I was asked to resubmit my dependency information, information that I had already submitted twice before. In 2013, I was finally awarded 100% P&T, but nothing on dependency. My dependency started with a date of March 2012 when it should have been Sept 2010. Anyway, today it shows as effective date of claim of December 2013, I know it's probably because of the last cost of living adjustment, but I'm hoping that when they pay me my retro they will go back to the initial date of 2010. Hopefully the brown envelope comes in soon with all the explanations on benefits and pay, oh by the way, award letter on E-Benefits shows new amount of pay $159.00 a month raise for spouse. Thank you all for your continue help and advice.

God Bless.

Aggie

Well finally after waiting for over 4 years for my claim to be completed, today was the day. My initial claim started back on 2010 Sept 1, after retiring. In 2012 I was awarded 90%, and I was asked to resubmit my dependency information, information that I had already submitted twice before. In 2013, I was finally awarded 100% P&T, but nothing on dependency. My dependency started with a date of March 2012 when it should have been Sept 2010. Anyway, today it shows as effective date of claim of December 2013, I know it's probably because of the last cost of living adjustment, but I'm hoping that when they pay me my retro they will go back to the initial date of 2010. Hopefully the brown envelope comes in soon with all the explanations on benefits and pay, oh by the way, award letter on E-Benefits shows new amount of pay $159.00 a month raise for spouse. Thank you all for your continue help and advice.

God Bless.

Aggie

GREAT.

If you have an ebenefits account - you could go take a look at your payment history to see

if there's anything new there pending as a retroactive payment.

Spend wisely when it comes.

Congratulations and thank you for your many years of dedicated service to our country.

Well looks like the VA deposited some type of retro. What the Heck, only $2537.00. That's only 16 months Pay for dependency. I don't understand their way of calculation.

These are my claim dates.

Initial Claim date Sept 2010, I submitted all dependency documents along with medical evidence.

Rated 90% MAY 2012. I was told to resubmit all dependency documents again which I did.

Rated 100% July 2013. Told to resubmit documents again, but keep the new date of May 2012 when I was rated 90%.

Now today received a deposit of $2537.00 which is really only 16 months of pay, how can that be?

Wouldn't they have at least gone back to May 2012, which would have been 30 months of retro?

Honestly, I believe they should have gone back to Initial date of claim which is Sept 2010.

I still haven't received any envelope through the mail, and E-Benefits has been down.

What should I do? This just doesn't seem fair to me!

Thank you all for your comments.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use