Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Where Is The Best Place On The Forum To Post C&p Results For Opinnions?

Rate this question

Burt

Question

I posted mine and other than one very helpful person who was a wiz at the hearing test stuff i didnt get any replies, so im assuming i put it in the wrong section lol

left knee 30% right hip 10% lower back and nerve root issues 30% hearing 10% ptsd 70%

thank you and yes i will as sooon as i know what the break down was!

left knee 30% right hip 10% lower back and nerve root issues 30% hearing 10% ptsd 70%

• HadIt.com Elder

Burt , do you know if VA awarded you on your hearing at 50% or multi disability's? that noise you hear in your ears Is called tinnitus and you can get a 10% rating for it..if you can prove you had it while in the military or if VA service connected it?

if they awarded you on on your hearing loss & if your hearing gets worse you can file for increase Just get an IMO first and to see if your hearing has got worse the rating the VA use's is pretty high but I don't think its as high as SSA.

This is just my opinion.

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

Britton, not sure what was rated for what yet i am waiting for my packet but in my ebenfits page it says i have been service connected for 50% disability and they back dated it 1 full year to dec 2013.

50% total and this is the break down! ok i got 10% for tinitus, service connectted 0% hearing loss (does this mean i can get hearing aids?) 10% right hip degen changes, 20% degen changes left knee residuals from menisectomy, 10% limited motion left knee, 10% degenerative lumbar. i only had xrays on the hip and back issues and the back is really bad i think once i get mri's i will contest that, the comp and pen examiner during the exam told me i should consider filing for my foot issues because it had been broken while in service and was in my records... i had actually forgotten about that, i knew it hurt but i just figured it was from old age! he told me that my bouts with sinus infections appeared to have started at my second duty station and i should look into claiming that as well... so i guess i can say im pretty happy with the findings! on to round 2!

Burt,

With a 50% rating, you can get free medical treatment and prescriptions at the VAMC for any medical condition (service connected and non service connected) without any copays. Anytime you go to the VAMC for treatment, you are now entitled to travel reimbursement. You are also entitled to reimbursement of any copays you paid at the VAMC retroactive back to the effective date of your claim (December 2013). You are also entitled to travel pay for all VAMC appointments back to the effective date of your claim (December 2013).

In regards to your question about the hearing aids, you will have to request an audiology consult with your VA PCP. Advise them you were service connected for hearing loss and you need hearing aids. Your audiology clinic will probably conduct another hearing exam to determine if you will benefit from hearing aids. If you receive hearing aids from the VAMC, you are also entitled to free hearing aid batteries from the VAMC.

Good luck to you and take care of yourself.