Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Doctor Attentive And Read Records

Rate this question

ArNG11

Question

So a C&P exam for my claims of knee, hips, and left pinky finger, anxiety and depression claims were done today. In true fashion VBMS was down and the doc couldn't access the information of evidence I submitted for my claim, not surprising but I was prepared, so I brought copies for her to review. The traumas to my finger, hips and knees were a no brainer, she was annoyed since the records clearly indicated in service injury and inservice medical treatment but those DBQ's were all positive. Plus I had current records with current diagnosi. That immensely helped. I did not submit a claim for PTSD, however, since I was precise in my claims and symptoms along with necessary stressors and corresponding records, the C&P examiner did a PTSD dbq as well. Now I don't know if this is a new tactic or whether I just lucked out with an honest examiner, that yet still remains to be seen, however, that threw me for a loop. I'm not counting my chicks before there are hatched but this is by far not the type of examination I am used to getting, let alone from a hired gun such as a QTC doc. A favorable report maybe, a smoke screen for a sneak attack not completely upsurd, but I have to acknowledge that it maybe a precise and consice exam for my claimed conditions which may lead to service connection and an adequate rating right out the gate. I'll keep this hive informed once I have decision results in front of me.

Edited by arng11

Mr. A

:ph34r: " FIGHT TILL YOUR LAST BREATH " :ph34r:

• In Memoriam

Good luck on this.

Stretch

Just readin the mail

Excerpt from the 'Declaration of Independence'

We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity

i dont know what my ratings were yet as i have not received my packet but i filed hearing loss, tinitus, torn acl and meniscus l knee, back issues l1-5 and right hip problems created by the limp i am left with from the knee and back problems. i filed in august and received a 50 percent award that will go in effect dec 1. not only was i shocked (i figured i would get 20 to 30) but they back dated me a year to dec 2013 and it appears as though they are going to pay me a lump sum for that year. my examiner was very strait forward and put in the chart exactly what he said he found upon looking me, my records and the x rays he took for the back and hip... that had not been done or looked at by anyone before.

left knee 30% right hip 10% lower back and nerve root issues 30% hearing 10% ptsd 70%

I don't believe in luck when it comes to the VA but thanks. Im trying to be positive, but I can't help think that it is not a ploy of sorts. The VA has been the "only agency" supposedly capable of diagnosing PTSD upto recently so I'm trying to figure out there angle. I may be paranoid a bit I guess and it's way to early to come up with any logical explanation as with VA claims it seems that logic and commons sense go out the window but heh, the sun has to shine on a dogs rear end at some point.

Edited by arng11

Mr. A

i dont know what my ratings were yet as i have not received my packet but i filed hearing loss, tinitus, torn acl and meniscus l knee, back issues l1-5 and right hip problems created by the limp i am left with from the knee and back problems. i filed in august and received a 50 percent award that will go in effect dec 1. not only was i shocked (i figured i would get 20 to 30) but they back dated me a year to dec 2013 and it appears as though they are going to pay me a lump sum for that year. my examiner was very strait forward and put in the chart exactly what he said he found upon looking me, my records and the x rays he took for the back and hip... that had not been done or looked at by anyone before.

Hopefully with the pressure here lately from the higher ups and the media, it may be a positive change, but I don't want to say that just yet, it is way too early for that. As always we, and I guess I will just have to wait and see.

Mr. A

• HadIt.com Elder

arng11,

Always think positive , sounds like you had a favorable exam! you were wise taking your copies to the exam!

if the computer had glitch & doc couldn't access the information from your evidence ,Now it really depends on how the Doc read into your evidence as for as the PTSD and it depends on the DRO decision as how they read it.... lot of times (from my experience anyway) it just depends on the DRO.

just think what might have been..I think your going to get a great rating and probably Rate you in the 70% and with you at 40% that should put boost you up to100% and maybe they will give you TDIU

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!