VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

% Reduction

Rate this topic

Gvubcd1

was 90% and awarded ssdi based solely on va med records then applied for iu. Was not only denied iu but reduced from 90% to 70%. Has anybody heard of this happening before? I feel like i have screwed royally and need advice

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Some ratings are considered "temporary" because they expect your condition to improve and it should state that in the award letter. They should have sent you a letter saying they propose reduction and offer you a window of time in which to provide them with justification against the reduction.

Keep in mind the criteria for SSDI and IU are not the same, but grats on the SSDI.

I'm with Notorious Kelly here - we need some more details in order to offer our opinions.

GVU:I think you only have 60 days from date of VA notification of reduction letter to file your NOD. Don't SCREW yourself by missing any filing deadlines. Get your NOD on file, then worry about getting unboned.

My understanding (could be wrong) of the VA's ability to reduce your SC comp is they can only take you down (1) rating if your SC conditions show DX'd improvement. In your case, did you only have 1 SC condition? Like with PTSD, there is no 80 or 90, goes from 70% to 100%.

Did you have an IU C&P? Any idea what SC DX report the rating dept got their hands on?

Semper Fi

Gastone

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use