Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

The Va Secretary, Honorable Bob Mcdonald May Be Looking

Rate this question

hurryupnwait

Question

According to one post, the VA Secretary has been invited to have a look at Hadit.com and has responded that he will have a look. So, now is the time to comment on how to fix the problems with the VA. Please no bashing the VA.

What can he do to improve the VA?

When I count my blessings I count my family and friends twice.

If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.

Well done is better than well said.

• HadIt.com Elder

Even the usual award or denial SOC, SSOC, documents may not give enough detail to determine what is needed to change the decision to be more favorable.

How do you find the contact information for Mr. Bob McDonald? Would someone please share his email address? The only thing we found was a cell phone number in the PVA magazine and it doesn't get answered.

How can he improve the VA system? Start with honesty. Calls that are responded to. Claims are in waiting for years while the veteran suffers and has to deal with the stress of trying to deal with the system are unacceptable.

My husbands case was proven medical malpractice as of 2003. VARO won't pay him the money owed. The reconsideration was to take 4 months, two years later nothing.

Last week, his doctor told him he was possibly on the verge of a major stroke. The stress of waiting on someone to do something is horrific.

For all of you veterans who are going through this, let's hope and pray this new man comes through.

I would really appreciate someone sharing his email address. Does he have an office phone? All I saw on his page was the veterans crisis hot line last week.

And for the first time ever, I called. On behalf on my husband. Well...................the guy referred me to another place and maybe in February he can talk to him.

Edited by TiredVeteran

How do you find the contact information for Mr. Bob McDonald? Would someone please share his email address? The only thing we found was a cell phone number in the PVA magazine and it doesn't get answered.

How can he improve the VA system? Start with honesty. Calls that are responded to. Claims are in waiting for years while the veteran suffers and has to deal with the stress of trying to deal with the system are unacceptable.

My husbands case was proven medical malpractice as of 2003. VARO won't pay him the money owed. The reconsideration was to take 4 months, two years later nothing.

Last week, his doctor told him he was possibly on the verge of a major stroke. The stress of waiting on someone to do something is horrific.

For all of you veterans who are going through this, let's hope and pray this new man comes through.

I would really appreciate someone sharing his email address. Does he have an office phone? All I saw on his page was the veterans crisis hot line last week.

And for the first time ever, I called. On behalf on my husband. Well...................the guy referred me to another place and maybe in February he can talk to him.

Robert.a.mcdonald@va.gov is the email address I have for him

When I count my blessings I count my family and friends twice.

If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.

Well done is better than well said.

If you don't receive a timely response from Secretary McDonald, send an email to Undersecretary Hickey at: Allison.Hickey@va.gov

It seems she has been more responsive lately than Secretary McDonald.

Good luck.

I will tell my vet friend to send an email to her as he has not heard from Secretary McDonald at all. I know he said it was over a month of waiting too, and after reading others info of responses maybe he will have luck this with route, Thank you for posting this.

I dont understand this statement.

"My husbands case was proven medical malpractice as of 2003. VARO won't pay him the money owed. The reconsideration was to take 4 months, two years later nothing."

Was this proof a formal Section 1151 award or a FTCA settlement or both?

FTCA has an offset to any 1151 compensation.

VA denied my 1151 claim once or twice, then even denied it AFTER I had sent them my settlement papers.

I got so pissed I called up General Counsel. The GC called them.

Then I got my 1151 award letter.

If this was for a better 1151 EED, Bob Walsh , our recent blog radio guest, got a FTCA/1151 vet 7 years more retro at the BVA under 1151.

He discussed some of that case on the show.

I jhad another malpractice issue which I won at the BVA. It meant the VA had to refund my entire FTCA offset to me.

They refused to do that until I called the GC again, and they order the RO to pay me and the check was in the mail right away.

(wet and covered with snow.in my mail box,where the door to the box had blown open..in midst of a major snow storm that affected my RO and the entire western part of NY for days . .I still think that check was mailed to me for spite. They had already sent me a letter to give to my bank notifying them it would be sent electronically to my direct deposit account.)

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.