VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Success In A Soc

Rate this topic

scoutitout19d

I received a statement of case denying my IU but granting me 100% rating. It only took 2 years and 2 appeals but I'm here finally.

I'm finally able to breathe again.

I do want to ask has anyone else had the same experience receiving a statement of case? Should I expect an award letter still? And if so how long should it take for me to receive the award letter and retro pay?

The soc is dated Jan 5 so I suspected as before I'd receive something in the next 5 days but I haven't received anything yet.

Can anyone relate?

Happy for the win. Best of luck to the rest of yall who still are fighting for what you deserve.

Tip: write your congressman. My claim was decided within a month after my congressman contacted the VA

Congratulations on thee 100%, is it P&T, if it is look at what bennies your state provides. My last two awards were on SOCs on NODS, never did get an award letter they just asked me to know if the decision was acceptable. Seeing how they were granting service connection for DMII and some secondaries due to AO exposure it was very acceptable to me.

You probably won't see an award letter and your retro may hit your account any day.

Rick

Thanks Rick. I'm hoping tomorrow it's in the bank. Praying so anyways. It isn't p&t just 100% I'm up for re evaluation in 2020. I believe it's because of my age I'm only 26 but I still appealed the IU. Hoping that it'll eventually be p&t so I can get more benefits for my kids. Thanks for sharing your experience

• HadIt.com Elder

Congrats, check your Bank account every day buddy!

• HadIt.com Elder

You can appeal that denial of Chapter 35 and I would do it if I were you. By the time they review your records for the appeal a year will have gone by with no improvement. That is basis for P&T. Also file for SSDI which will help get you P&T.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use