Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

My Claim, Appeals, Etc, Being Remanded Back To The Va From The Appeals Board

Rate this question

retiredat44

Question

Ok,

My long story, Petroleum chemicals made me sick on active duty, USAF, etc.. had pancreas surgeries at VA. Failed, now pancreas is necrotizing and dying, many other problems, currently at 60% rating. (been on VA disability for 20 years, and SSDI for 20 years.) Claims in for many problems connected to service. Going through many years of appeals. Now I get a letter form the appeals board saying it is being remanded back to the VA, because they said I filed a timely appeals for a video hearing, for 1151 claim (I filed an 1151 because the pancreatic surgeries failed leaving me with an inoperable dying pancreas and many more disease , spent 6 months in the VA hospital a while back fighting for my life) Of course they denied my 1151, but never answered my request for the NOD and appeal for the 1151. I received no hearing.

(just go this remand letter in the mail today! ) So, the appeals board remanded it back to the VA. meanwhile 2 years ago I moved form the crazy (lovely?) state of California to the crazy state of Oregon. I was represented by the American Legion in San Diego, long story! There is no American Legion here so I had my representative changed to the Salem VA office. They treated me like I had never field a claim and told me they would not help. I have chance to hire another lawyer, but have to sell a car, but car got messed up with a bad headgasket, so I haven't sold it yet, to buy another lawyer. (I know, I have sidetracked, but I feel I have no representation, but also feel if the Salem VA get's involved they will continue to treat me badly. Time is ticking, I need to get moving if I want more IMO's for my case!

I will post a copy in the coming hours or days of the letter. Not sure if that is even needed. But if it would help with more ideas from all of the wonderful people here!

Most of the info I posted is already buried deep in old threads.

Thanx!

Though I have no posted lately, I am ok here in Oregon, love living out in the country, much higher quality of life, at least for me and family!

btw, if someone calls me a transplant, I remind them I lived here as a child in the 1950's and visited family every year. I just returned like the Salmon do!

Edited by retiredat44

Not in appeals, since I got 100%, and some of it was winning an 1151 negligence, which the VA turns out does not give ful benefits if you win 1151 negligence they squirm and legal loophhole you and your family out of many benefits, really crapp nasty bunch running the va benefits, they wil backstab and scre wyou even if you win you lose. May 2021.

01-01-11_My_Medical_Records2.jpg

I got some money, now to figure out about hiring possibly John to help with my mess...

Not in appeals, since I got 100%, and some of it was winning an 1151 negligence, which the VA turns out does not give ful benefits if you win 1151 negligence they squirm and legal loophhole you and your family out of many benefits, really crapp nasty bunch running the va benefits, they wil backstab and scre wyou even if you win you lose. May 2021.

Congrats and good luck!!!

100% PTSD

100% Back

60% Bladder Issues

50% Migraines 
30% Crohn's Disease

30% R Shoulder

20% Radiculopathy, Left lower    10% Radiculopathy, Right lower 
10% L Knee  10% R Knee Surgery 2005&2007
10% Asthma
10% Tinnitus
10% Damage of Cranial Nerve II

10% Scars

SMC S

SMC K

OEF/OIF VET     100% VA P&T, Post 911 Caregiver, SSDI

"I still have not hired Dr. Bash's partner."

I think you mean John Dorley.

I will email him, just to ask him if Dr Bash is familiar with this type ERCP procedure and I will ask John if they ever had a similar claim like that.

=============================

I am now looking for the past contact info for John, and through my e-mails... so if you found out anything new, that would help.... it's ripping my heart out going through al of this mess...

now that I got a few dollars, sold a car, and can focus on the VA issues... but I know I have deadlines to beat..

Edited by retiredat44

well, I just tried

www.ebenefits.va.gov and the server is broken now it works... going insane!

I appreciate the help of those that know how to find documents...

can I find and download my SOC's here:

https://www.ebenefits.va.gov/ebenefits/homepage

here?

I can't find SOC, or status of claim in search, I need all to submit to a rep. All claims, decisions, SOC's...

I will search al my documents at home,

that website they have has been worthless..

IMHO

Edited by retiredat44

• HadIt.com Elder

Retired, no attorney is allowed to charge you up front. If they try, They will go to jail. They make money if you win. Pro Bono. The law protects veterans.

John Dorle is one heck of a claims agent and I believe he can help you. You need the red tape cut as it sounds like you are dealing with a bunch of Morons at the RO.

Basser

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

I need to find out if I can download al my documents, like my SOC's from the VA ebenefits website... I could not find them there to download, but then again, the server often doesn't respond very well...