VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Unbelievable What Can Be Done With Only A Short E-Mail. Success.

Rate this topic

BigSarge

My case went from stagnant to awaiting documents from a particularly stubborn doctor within *days* of contacting the secretary's office. I made contact in mid-January, received a phone call from the secretary's office, then a call within the next few days from the appeals office at the ATL VARO. Now, by the end of Feb I will have replied with all relevant documents AND have had a contract C&P. BTW: the doc said "I'm going to write this up to really help you out. I appreciate Vets and what they've been through". So, that email really, really helped move the claim out of the dust-covered pile.

Right. It's the little things and all we really want to be is heard and treated like humans rather than a claim number. I'm in the stagnant phase now for my appeal and I am obsessed with checking ebenefits. So kudos to you for some movement - at the end of the day that's all any of us want.

I sent a short e-mail to Bob McDonald a few weeks back and my case went from being still needing to be processed to sent for a decision. It had sat idle at the RO 5 years awaiting to go to the BVA and two years prior to that appealing at the RO level. Hopefully it comes back positive because we really need the help for my special needs child.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use