VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Unbelievable What Can Be Done With Only A Short E-Mail. Success.

Rate this topic

BigSarge

Been lurking for about a year and recently saw someone suggest e-mailing Allison Hickey. So I send her an e-mail Friday the 16th of January, She responds same day and says that she's on it (holiday weekend mind you) and today my claim is complete! WOW makes you wonder how many cases are that close to being closed but are simply forgotten about. Only got 10%, and I'm wondering if they low balled me because Allison got on their asses? Oh well, good enough for now.

Anxiety/PTSD

Claim filed - June 2014

Closed - Jan 2015

I cannot believe a simple e-mail was all I needed to get my case closed. Thanks to whoever provided her e-mail, hopefully I can get someone else's case closed too.

Allison.Hickey@va.gov

If you do e-mail her, make sure you provide your last 4 and regional office to save an e-mail.

Edited by BigSarge

Big Sarge,

Glad to see another story of a veteran getting a quick positive response to their e-mail sent to Allison Hickey or Robert McDonald.

By the way, for those who want to send him an e-mail, Secretary McDonald's e-mail address is: Robert.A.McDonald@va.gov

Make sure you put a period before and after his middle initial.

Good luck to you Big Sarge and thank you for your service.

Georgiapapa

Big Sarge,

Good advice by Navy. You probably were low balled. You should google 38 USC part 4.130 which is the Schedule of Ratings used by the VA for Mental Disorders including PTSD and Anxiety. Also Google VA form 21-0960p-2 which is the Mental Disorder DBQ (including anxiety) and VA form 21-0960p-3 which is the PTSD DBQ. All of these are good sources for you to determine if you were low balled and the info you find will be good ammo to appeal the low rating and justify an increase. Read them carefully and compare the symptoms noted with your PTSD and Anxiety symptoms. Don't hesitate to seek the rating you have earned and deserve as a result of your military service. JMO

Again, good luck to you

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use