Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Are C&ps Done By Pysician Assistant?

Rate this question

les

Question

Folks:

I've learned from experience that when it comes to the C&P exam that most of it is the "luck of the draw" in terms of whom you gets or 'draws" to do your C&P exam? If it's going to be done right or not makes the greatest difference in accuracy and claims ratings outcomes. It's set up so just about anyone in the system can do your exam and then it's supposed to ultimately reviewed and signed by a DOC to certfy the final results? But ultimately, both of those individials in the process are supposed to do a thorough job...but history (and forums like this) has shown us that that is not always the case? Some get lucky and get a C&P DOC who has expertise in the fields in which an official diagnosis and opinion has been made on a Vets behalf. I can honesty say that most of the system docs that I've met are very good and actually care - or at least in my humble opinion are. But, also, others have not and there should be some kind of continuity across the board for all Vets? When I complained after my series of exams and that they did not meet the regulations for exams processing mistakes, wrong measurements, procedures, etc., I was told by the examiner, "Don't worry, the disability raters will see your whole file, and they will eventually figure it out for you"? At least for me, her comments were not very comforting? I pride myself on doing my research and homework on the FDC and Disability System and was very dissappointed in what took place during my exams and the process so far. Generally, I'm an optomist but the process has been a real struggle so far. I don't want to have to appeal anything for years when it's ll clearly stated in my SMR's anyway...but I'm seeing now where vets are fighting for years to get what they deserve in the first place and is very frustrating...

Edited by rootbeer22

• HadIt.com Elder

Take a little time to listen to this show. It will tell you what to do when you dislike a NP or PA's opinion. This was an excellent show and Dr Bash is the man.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/haditcom/2015/01/14/the-ask-basser-show-with-jbasser-and-jerrel

JBasser

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

my CP exams has been so error infested that I have come to a conclusion.. Either the doctors and NP s they are using are clinically retarted, or they are intentionally trying to sink our claims.