VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Has Anyone Used The New, Have Your Claim Decided On Feature On Ebennies

Rate this question

Navy04

Question

Has anyone used the "Have your claim decided on" feature on Ebenefits site. As you all know my claim was at the Prep for Decision phase for the last month, then the other day it went back to Gathering of Evidence. Well the Ft Worth VA called today and scheduled a couple of C&Ps at the Ft Worth and Dallas VAs. I have Uploaded, Mailed and Faxed all the Medical Evidence more than once, and I am tired of these idiots. My last two FDC claims I had a couple of bad C&Ps, as either the Docs would not even look at me and hardly talk, or accept my Evidence. These Damn exams are driving me crazy, and I don't feel like driving over 200 and 300 miles round trip to each exam. I am thinking of using this feature in the next few days. As long as the VA grants SC on a few conditions, then I will fight the rest 1 condition at a time from hear out. What do you guys think? Thanks again and hope you have a good week.

Thats the thing it shows effective 20150220 and my ab8 letter shows as of 20150301 I should be paid at 80% yet I still only received the rate for 60% for both march and april.

I was approved the same way last year as you bud. My increase from 80% to 100% was granted Feb 25 2014, and I was paid all retro and correct increase on May 1st 2014. So I am pretty sure the same will be for you bud.

I was approved the same way last year as you bud. My increase from 80% to 100% was granted Feb 25 2014, and I was paid all retro and correct increase on May 1st 2014. So I am pretty sure the same will be for you bud.

Thats what I'm hoping will happen as well. I don't see why I wouldn't get backpaid from when I filed my FDC as it explicitly states that from the date you initiate it as long as you file within a year thats when your retro pay starts. Either way I am glad that it was quickly resolved and its about what I was looking for with the issue that they did resolve and are deferring two others. I'm guessing I'll probably see the correct payment in may as well which would be nice my bday is the 5th of may ha.

I am also going to be filing another FDC for COPD as they diagnosed me with it back in 2013 but failed to ever actually tell me that till I came in again this year with breathing issues and they saw I have stage one COPD. Since all the records are with them I will again use the make a decision now button and report back.

I have helped other Vets, that though they were entitled to the filing date. The Regs state if you file for a new conditions and the condition is Granted SC, then that new condition will be granted Retro to the day claim was filed. If a Vet submits for a increase on an already existing SC, then the new amount will kick in following month that Increase is granted. I have had 4 FDCs in the last 2 years, and 3 of them I was granted Increases, so they all took into effect following month claim was completed. The reason I put this info out, cause a lot of Vets start counting the Dollars with a wrong timeline. So then when it looks less in the Bank, then the Vet argues with the VA only to find out, they did not understand the regs to begin with. Good luck and hopefully in a month you will have an Early Christmas.

I have helped other Vets, that though they were entitled to the filing date. The Regs state if you file for a new conditions and the condition is Granted SC, then that new condition will be granted Retro to the day claim was filed. If a Vet submits for a increase on an already existing SC, then the new amount will kick in following month that Increase is granted. I have had 4 FDCs in the last 2 years, and 3 of them I was granted Increases, so they all took into effect following month claim was completed. The reason I put this info out, cause a lot of Vets start counting the Dollars with a wrong timeline. So then when it looks less in the Bank, then the Vet argues with the VA only to find out, they did not understand the regs to begin with. Good luck and hopefully in a month you will have an Early Christmas.

Either way I would not be upset. I'm definitely not counting my chickens before they hatch it would only be around 1500 anyway.

If a Vet submits for a increase on an already existing SC, then the new amount will kick in following month that Increase is granted.

I filed for an increase, received it, and got backpay to the date I filed. Maybe I'm not understanding you correctly but the vet should be entitled to backpay from the date they filed for the increase.