Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I'm Speechless And Need Direction

Rate this topic

coastie72

I went just this morning for a PTSD/MDD C&P and now on E-benefits It is listing me as having a combined rating of 60%????????

The claim that was open is now closed. I can't believe this went so fast. What do I do next????

I went from 10% to 60% so I guess the award was 50%.

I was not expecting this but I am sure happy about it. I can't think straight right now.

Somewhere I need to list my wife as a dependent right? Anything else I need to do??? Help.......

Thank you God!

• HadIt.com Elder

If you are happy with that rating than congrats. If you are not at least it will be a little easier to get it increased than to get it the first time. Are you working? If not its to low. Don't forget about Social Security either.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• HadIt.com Elder

just remember if you disagree with the decision you have one year to file a NOD from your award date So don't forget! remember to for an increase don't forget to check your EED From the onset of your disability (when it got worse)

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

Thanks for the advice folks. Yes I am happy with the award, but everyone has been telling me that suicidal Ideation awards usually come back at 70%? So I don't know if I should consider an appeal or not. I don't even know yet what the award was for, the MDD or PTSD. It is a fact however that I have been fighting with the SI for along time.

Right now I am just amazed at how fast this claim went and the money will help me in many ways but won't make my problems disappear.

God is Good

Coastie72

coastie 72,

Mike is right about the copays. In addition to reimbursement of your VA medical appointment copays and VA prescription copays back to the effective date of your award, you are also entitled to travel pay for all VA medical appointments retroactive back to the effective date of your award.

You are now in priority group one (1) so all VA medical appointments and VA prescriptions are free for any medical condition, it doesn't matter if the condition is service connected or not service connected. Make sure you claim travel pay each time you go for a VA appointment.

Congratulations and good luck.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use