Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Movement On My Remand

Rate this topic

Closure

I received this message from THE DIRECTOR of the VARO Jackson, MS

Good morning Daryl,

Your file was returned to our office from the Office of General Counsel (OGC) on Friday, January 30, 2015. We have begun processing your case as directed by the Board of Veterans Appeals (BVA) Remand. We will provide you with a more detailed update concerning our actions taken as directed by the Board of Veterans Appeals (BVA) Remand in the next 3-5 days. I want to assure you that our goal is to process your appeal as quickly as possible.

Good luck. I hope it happens soon. Keep us posted.

I am surprised that the General Counsel's office had your file.........

hopefully this will all go OK now.

Remands....... I always suggest that if the claimant can try to follow the remand themselves (depending on the circumstances)

they might uncover evidence that brings them closer to an award.

Sometimes I see cases at the BVA involving multiple remands for the same info the RO has failed to get and sometimes the vet themselves might be able to get it.

I asked the BVA for a remand on my AO DMII death claim because the RO had violated my VCAA rights.

BVA agreed my VCAA letter was prejudicial and not in cpmplaince with the VCAA.But the BVA remanded instead for an additional VA medical opinion.... a cardio opinion

So I tried to obtain my 4th IMO...but didnt need it.

Still ,if I had gotten another bogus C & P I wanted to be well prepared with something to knock it down.

As it was ,I knocked the additional C & P exam down myself and BVA felt the VCAA errors were not prejudicial to me because I had enough probative evidence to succeed.

The OGC had to order the RO to pay me some retro some years ago.

Like every claim I ever had, I gave them explicit evidence and the regulations they needed to support the retro.payment.

Of course they ignored my evidence and the regs,until they heard from the OGC.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use