Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

This Pees Me Off!

Rate this question

Cavman

Question

I get pissed that some of us with a 30, 50 or 70% rating have a much lower gaf score, much worse off diagnosis from doctors, saw 100 times more combat, got many more combat decorations than many that get rated 100% for PTSD just because they are in a different state or draw a different rater. It`s totally unfair to the highest degree. I know with my situation I would have got 100% if I lived in Puerto Rico and a few other places. In Puerto Rico you get 100% PTSD disability if all you had was a tire blow out on the deuce and a half you got onto at Tan Son Nhut airport in Saigon.

Cavman

• HadIt.com Elder

If you read what a 100% disability rating actually consists of according to the corresponding GAF I don't see how any of us get those 100% schedular ratings or even 70%. For panic disorder for 70% the corresponding GAF states the patient must have continuous panic attacks. I don't think I could live if I had continuous panic attacks since the heart and blood pressure go through the roof. For PTSD it seems a true 100% rating requires the vet to be in actue phase of shell shock. I think the VA really looks at your overall condition and how disabled you are via work and social status.

I was not working when I had this c & p. As for having panic attacks 100% of the time, that describes me for the last 3 days. Nightmares, feelings of nausea & light headedness, constant knot in the oit of my stomach, crying jags. That's how my past week has been. How about the rest of you guys & gals???