VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bva Made Decision But Nothing Changed

Rate this question

kate7772

Question

Ebenefits now says BVA has made a decision on my husband's claim as of today but nothing has changed on download letters. The Rater told us on 01/07 that she was awarding the claim but needed to schedule two C&Ps to determine severity and residuals. Had the c&ps last week.

By nothing changing, does that mean there is no rating given or has it possibly not caught up?

C&ps did look favorable to us and DAV.

Of course, DAV can't be reached now.

I know there is the waiting on the letter thing, but.....

Kate

Edited by kate7772

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

WOW Kate7772, was this for the Camp Lejeune bad water claim?

I am glad those C & P s looked good. Maybe this will be some good news coming your way.....

WOW Kate7772, was this for the Camp Lejeune bad water claim?

I am glad those C & P s looked good. Maybe this will be some good news coming your way.....

Yes it was. DAV says it is 80% for kidney and 50 for adjustment disorder. I do feel that the adjustment disorder should have been 70 due to the suicidal ideation. The C&P did not mention it but then again, that C&P did not mention anything because the doctor did not ask about problems, etc. it is all through my husbands VA treatment records though. Could that be considered a CUE?

Kate

Wow, Kate, that was fast. You all just filed your NOD not too long ago, which was a great move.

I'm having a similiar situation here. My appeal suddenly had a decision by the BVA yesterday, completely out of the blue. I didn't have C&Ps, a hearing, nothing. In fact, I didn't even know my C-file had transferred. Seems like the DRO at the RO worked with the BVA to generate a decision very quickly and maybe get me off the books. But, my AB8 letter doesn't show any change either, which like your husband's, should have. So I'm also waiting to see what happens. This is new territory for me, so I don't have any experience in how fast decisions update in the system when the BVA is involved. Maybe it takes longer?

Seems like there must be some sort of preliminary process in place either at the BVA or between the BVA and the ROs to whittle down the number of appeals that are piling up.