VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vets Choice Teasing Veteran About A New Leg

Notorious Kelly

• HadIt.com Elder

Dick Hill ,

Oh I never believed that either 5 year combat veteran , I think it was in article of the Stars & Stripes News Magazine.,,,'' It was an old Magazine''.

I don't know who the editor was on it.?

If any Veterans need to use the choice card better do it as soon as you can President Obama is talking about a proposal to cut funds for the choice card program, Newly VA Secretary ''Robert Bob McDonald'' is asking to give it a try, But the president is wanting to cut funds from the choice c program and place the funds in other programs!

so sorry to say we (veterans must not mean to much) our healthcare seems unimportant to congress....people in congress don't have to worry about there HealthCare...so why should they care about us veterans...sure seems that way to me.

Unless Robert Bob McDonald can convince the president to keep the funds for the choice card, the choice card will be a thing of the past.

I think the VA Did not anticipate the amount of veterans that needed to use the choice card!

We just got our hopes knock out from under us if the VA scratches the choice card program.

Back to the waiting game I suppose, a word to the wise we all need to take better care of ourselves and just hope the VA GETS BACK ON TRACK as for as veterans Healthcare.

• HadIt.com Elder

Actually, I'd guess that the choice program is under utilized, based upon the hoops a veteran must go through to use it.

I'd also bet that the VA and certain other interests are against the idea. What a veteran can do, assuming the distance and or

capability provisions are met, is to get the supervising VAMC to issue "Fee Paid" paperwork. Naturally, this does not get

the veterans choice program involved.

• HadIt.com Elder

Even with approval I'd be afraid I'd be stuck with a pretty good size medical Bill to Pay that is not covered with the C card program to much red tape!

I am hoping/wishing that some big medical insurance company out there can see how the veterans are being treating with their VA HealthCare and come up with a very reasonable plan for veterans...but with ''Obama Affordable Care Act'' I don't see that happening.

My son was forced to get his family medical care(His wife and two kids) Its a company insurance and his premiums are like 180.00 every two weeks 360.00 monthly with a 3000.00 deducible to meet! how is that Affordable Care? for folks on a low salary or even a middle salary is going to be tough for them. I Believe the President based his ''Affordable Care on folks that make 6 figure Income!

Even if you have a good size savings and just pay out of pocket for medical care there still is a hefty fine if you don't have the qualified Insurance.

As for as the phx Scandal I was hoping the VA healthcare system would get better and better But after the scandal settled down a bit the media got out it seems things are even worse at the VAMC.

JMO

Check out Jbasser/Jerrel Radio podcast show today here on Hadit at 2:00pm eastern they are going to talk about this/and why do we usually have to get second opinions.

At the top of the page just click on ''Podcast Live'' and Archive shows Available Here''

wait a few seconds. it starts at 2 :00pm today! (2/9/15)

Buck!

Edited by Buck52

• HadIt.com Elder

I recently had a conversation with the "local" VA facilities "go to person" that was recently 'trained" on the VC progrm.

Turns out that the VA is trying (in my opinion) everyway it can to limit usage of the VC program, and I believe the "training"

reflects this.

Example:

Next Appointment Date available at a within 40 mile VA facility more than thirty days away.

The Veteran still must get VC approval or a "consult" from the local within 40 miles VA facility.

Guess what - that's when the approval process would be started, unless the veteran can

somehow reach the VA PCP beforehand.

An exception seems to be for female veterans, due to the lack of "female" specialty doctors at many of the VA facilities.

Edited by Chuck75