VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sleep Apnea And Dentures Or Implants

Rate this topic

Hey 2 questions does anyone know if the VA help veterans with sleep apnea by using along with the CPAP any medications to combat tiredness that CPAP does not help? I have had a civilian Doctor suggest Provigil but he said check with the VA but I am not sure if they have anything in their system to help.

Also anyone had implants through the VA the dental exam I had last month the Dental surgeon looked in my mouth and said I was going to have to have my lower molars pulled soon due to the tooth roots exposed. I have to wash my mouth out with peroxide 2-3 times a day now. Thanks for any advise.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some dental departments in VA health care system will do implants etc. You need to ask the dentist or clerk in dental. It all depends on each VAMC's dental budget.

Thanks Tbird I am not sure I am going to check Tuesday with my clinic. What others may see as a person being sleepy and think it is not so bad if they have trouble falling asleep but when you can drink a espresso and go right off to sleep drives me nuts. I hope you all have a good evening/morning.

• HadIt.com Elder

"It all depends on each VAMC's dental budget."

The nearest VA Dental Department has implant propaganda on the walls.

However, it also has a long standing reputation for recommending pulling everything and false teeth.

Edited by Chuck75