Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Regional Office Response

Rate this question

thrill101

Question

Hello conrades, has anyone had a problem with getting a letter from the regional office when you have won a appeal and the bva has sent your claim back to the regional office for action. But seven months later you haven't heard nothing from the regional office. Understand this, I have won the appeal no remands!

Could someone help me out?

Gulf war vet

thrill101

• HadIt.com Elder

Welcome to Hadit. You can ask for an inquiry at 1 800 827 1000. May RO's drag their feet even when told to move the claim.

Good Luck

What did your win involve? Phone calls might work, I never had much luck with them. Maybe a FOIA filing would get some movement. Even if you weren't rep'd by a VSO, you might consider requesting the assistance of a VSO Honcho at your VARO. Generally speaking, the VSOs at the VARO have more computer access to you files than the Field Reps. Quite often they can walk down the hall and do a face to face with someone in the rating Dept.

Is your appeal listed on the BVA Decisions for 2014? How complicated were the issues and the final BVA decision? The BVA has never been accused of excess speed but 7 months+ for the Award Notification seems a bit much.

Semper Fi

Gastone

I would file an IRIS complaint if I were you.

www.va.gov

Go to Contact Us and then to Ask a question in the right hand top of the main page, and then fill out the IRIS form. The complaint box is a pop down, fill all that out too before you state the complaint.

It took at least 8 months for my RO Buffalo, to honor my BVA award, and (this was a FTCA offset matter trumped by a direct SC death award) and after they ignored the regulations that said they had to pay me, the General Counsel ordered them to.

VA never has had a claim like mine before but still it should have never taken so long to be properly paid.

Did you have any other issues that might be at the VARO? Still that should not hold up the award and the retro.

IRIS Complaints are logged in at VA Central.One of mine was so strong that VACO called me up and squared it away in a heartbeat.

I have had many ridiculous denials I have overcome, but this specific one I griped about exemplifies how illiterate or poorly trained some of these raters are. I told VACO I might send it to the Washington Post.

Dumbest decision I have ever seen.I wonder how many other Nehmer widows got something like it. I am still poed by it.

Thank You Moderator for welcoming me to Hadit.com and to all my fellow veterans, let us fight the good fight! Well, to answer your question Gastone, my appeal I won was for PTSD and Panic Attacks Disorder. I received my yellow envelope back in July 2014. My claim started back in November 2008. Like I stated previously, I haven't heard from the regional office in St. Petersburg, Florida at all. It has been seven months and counting. Oh, I forgot to mention that I also was granted reopening of a claim for generalized anxiety disorder and panic attacks from 2006. What does that mean for me? The statement in my package from the BVA says to give me a FULL GRANT of benefits sought. What does that mean also. Everyones insight and advice is helping me and my family get the best information I need to get my won appeals expedited. THANKS BERTA AND GASTONE AND PETE53.

Gulf War Vet

thrill101

I won my appeal for Entitlement to Ptsd and panic attack disorder. And won a reopening for a claim on generalized anxiety disorder and panic. I received my yellow envelope back in July 2014. My original claim date is November 2008 and the reopening claim award goes back to 2006. Again, I also would like to know what does this statement means from the BVA stating, " a full grant of benefits sought be award." Anyone can help me understand the lingo by the bva? I AM STILL WAITING FOR A RESPONSE FROM THE REGIONAL OFFICE, THIS IS MY SEVENTH MONTH. I Need help with this and one day I want to return the favor and help another veteran too. A reply is appreciated and the reply from all, I can't THANK YOU ENOUGH!

Gulf War Veteran

thrill101

Update; Good evening comrades, I looked at my ebenefits' account today in the VA letters section and to my amazement I am now 90%. Wow, and just think I only been on hadit.com for just under a week, and got perfect information, to pursue my due award from winning my appeal back in July 2014. I am truly grateful for the information from everyone on hadit.com website. Now, for anyone, who is struggling to get their voice heard, go to Thadine on this website and get an early Christmas gift. All can say is WOW!

Respectfully,

thrill101

Edited by thrill101