Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Now What Do You Think About Bob? Say It Aint So?

jbasser

• HadIt.com Elder

I agree with broncovet!

I Believe a big percentage of vets walk around with a cap on there head that says Ex Green Beret or special forces ranger, purple heart recipient ect,,ect,, and maybe was just a cook or whatever...to me that's not telling a lie its showing respect for his fellow soldier!

My Brother in-Law was killed in combat action in Nam during the Tet -offensive in 68 he was a Marine a very proud Marine, unfortunately at age 23 he made the virtual wall (panel w50 line 18) PFC William Lloyd Foley.

I sometimes wear a Marine USMC sweat shirt or a Marine Cap in his honor , I was not in the marines but served proudly in the US Army & did 18 months in Nam Now does that make me a liar?

If someone says to you they never told a lie they just did!

Buck!

Edited by Buck52

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

Im sure he likely wasnt trying to mislead,, he was in 82ND Airborne , 82 is a special division, it is a rapid deployment division , ready to be boots on the ground almost anywhere on the planet in 36 hours. So in trying to connect with the homeless vet, I think he was just trying to get a rapport of brotherhood established to gain trust.

this is my personal opinion..

Lets keep something in mind, people who have been terminated from the VA, by the hand of the new SEC, they are going to try and dig up any dirt they can to try and smear his name, lets not fall for that BS.

If I has a Ranger tab, and was in 82nd, I would be ok with saying I was part of a special unit. there are several special forces, delta force, ranger battalions, hush units that you only know abt if your in one, , ect.

I recall during NCO academy one of our instructors was a Ranger that jumped into Grenada and got shot in the leg.

Edited by 63SIERRA

• HadIt.com Elder

yeah 63SIERRA I Agree.

I mention the 101st Airborne, that was just an example I didn't know what his unit /division he actually served with.

Buck!

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

I also believe at this point & time with all the VA problems its a mess for all of us veterans (obviously) but why miss-trust a man for a gentle mistake like this one? its a simple mistake and does not hurt anyone just because he was trying to make a good rapport with a homeless veteran and make him feel respected.

The new secretary has a big mess on his shoulders and I believe he is the right man for this Job ,give him time and your support and he will ''clamp down on the VA to fix its problems once and for all''

we can't place our trust in (''what if's'') & none of us is perfect!

Buck!