Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this topic

I won

• HadIt.com Elder

Mike,

I like all the benefits you mention but the or probably the most important benefit to me is the property tax exemption& the tags on my truck , well I pay 3 bucks for my truck tags, I think some states its all exempt!

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

Thank you all. How will the backpay be paid. from November to March.? And does anyone have the Champva? My husband has Medicare he is 66 but I have insurance through work that is pretty bad. Champs supplements.

Bertha I don't think we want to revisit the issues from the past. The important thing is they are finally doing the right thing for him now. So we are good.

Champva is excellent insurance. No premiums and only a $50.00 annual deductible for you. When you turn 65 Champva requires you to sign up for medicare and medicare will become your primary insurance. Medicare and Champva together will pay 100% together on just about everything. If you have no other prescription coverage, you can get most of your prescriptions by mail free of charge.

GP

I certainly understand why you wouldn't want to deal with VA anymore.

But it might make sense to talk your case over with two or three veterans disability lawyers and see what they think about the past decisions and if maybe he should have been rated 100% previously and if there is a cue etc. etc.

VA continues to make mistakes and get away with it, because many people just don't want to deal with them anymore.

First congrats on the 100%. I was a victim of VA's scare tactic years ago when I called about increasing my award and the person on the other end told me that the VA may decrease it instead of increasing it. So, I just dropped the idea even after my condition had worsen. I had no idea of my rights.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use