VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdui In 13 Months Seattle

Rate this topic

13BCannon, I'm in a similar situation and I would like to know how much is needed? Can you please share your basic course of action to get your TDIU.

I'm currently 70% and I have new claim that will be send out soon for Major Depression and I'm not sure if you should just add TDIU to my claim. I been out of work for a year because of mental health letter from a VA Doctor.

Leon

13BCannon, I'm in a similar situation and I would like to know how much is needed? Can you please share your basic course of action to get your TDIU.

I'm currently 70% and I have new claim that will be send out soon for Major Depression and I'm not sure if you should just add TDIU to my claim. I been out of work for a year because of mental health letter from a VA Doctor.

Leon

Hi Leon,

First thing I did was go to my local DAV. My sponsor was very helpful, he set me up with a VA paid therapist who I started to see one a month to get things on paper. Establishing the paper trail is key to anything with the VA, even know for some of us it is extremely hard to even get out and do that.. You just have to. She then wrote a letter after reviewing my records and seeing me for 4 months/sessions. This letter is key. Keep seeing your therapist it helps for you and shows your trying to help yourself. There is a form you need to get for your last employer to fill out, (ask your VSO) stating why you were let go or reasons why you no longer work there. Get letters from coworkers! Get letters from family friends! Get as much as you can. Make sure they say things on why they think your unable to hold a job/maintain gainful employment. Get your ssdi started! Do not work. A year of being unemployed will benefit you. And if your going for IU then you shouldn't be working anyway. mine when through in 5 months! Which will help with your VA decision as long as it's from service connected disabilities. I got a lawyer for ssdi, even know you don't need one they should help with getting you on the right track. I used youtube and these forums a lot to answer and do my claims right. Bottom line have the proof to show your unable to work. You have the same thing going as I did since your all ready 70% this will help. I would file for and increase (which is hard to get) and TDIU. Or even just TDIU. The more little petty claims you put in the longer it will take. Try your hardest to get as many letters as you can! Hope this helps!

Edited by 13Bcannoncocker

• HadIt.com Elder

Congratulations 13Bcannoncocker a good win bud!

check out all your benefits! and champ VA for your spouse&school as well and the property tax exemptions!

you should receive a letter for you to take to your nearest Military Installation for you and your spouse to get a Military ID card.

if you don't get it call the 1-800 Number they can send you one it tells you what all you need to take with you... DD 214,Driver License and Marriage License& Birth Certificate I believe.

.............................Buck!

Edited by Buck52

Congratulations 13Bcannoncocker a good win bud!

check out all your benefits! and champ VA for your spouse&school as well and the property tax exemptions!

you should receive a letter for you to take to your nearest Military Installation for you and your spouse to get a Military ID card.

if you don't get it call the 1-800 Number they can send you one it tells you what all you need to take with you...Driver License and Marriage License& Birth Certificate I believe.

.............................Buck!

Thank you Buck!:)

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use