• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Blue Water Ao Update

Rate this question

Berta

Question

From Carol Olszenacki, Blue Water Navy.org, that was posted at Facebook

by Congressman Chris Gibson.

"I am pleased to report that we have a Senate companion bill for our legislation to help Vietnam veterans exposed to Agent Orange:
http://www.stripes.com/…/agent-orange-debate-renewed-by-bil…
The Senate bill was introduced by Senators Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY) and Steve Danes (R-MT). I appreciate their support. In the House, we’re up to 170 co-sponsors, including 74 Republicans and 96 Democrats representing almost every state in the Union. This is encouraging progress, but we will continue to engage with the House Committee on Veterans’ Affairs to see that our bill is brought to a vote and signed into law.
The Blue Water Navy Vietnam Veterans Act is constituent-driven legislation. Carol Olszanecki of Ellenville, who lost her husband to Agent Orange exposure, has been an extraordinary advocate and source of guidance. I also want to thank Susie Belanger, John Rossie, and John Wells for their hard work in support of this bill. We will not relent in our efforts to see that these veterans receive the benefits they deserve!"

Rossie is an extraordinary man and has given live testimony at the H VAC in the past along with Commander Wells.

Hopefully John Wells will be on Fox nes soon again to discuss this issue and the possible outcome of the pending CAVC case.

Also it is always possible that more AO presumptives will get on that AO list.

There were only two when I first started helping vets. PN and chloracne. And hardly any vet could fit into the PN regs.

John, the radio show JR (Rossie) did with us here recently with you and Jerrel and me was fabulous.and I hope many others will listen to it in time.....

I sure am glad the shows are archived as there are Blue Water Navy vets out there who might not join us here until something positive happens for them, at the CAVC or through these amendments that have been proposed in their behalf.

Edited by Berta

These are the Korea AO regulations:

"Veterans who served in a unit in or near the Korean demilitarized zone (DMZ) anytime between April 1, 1968 and August 31, 1971 and who have a disease VA recognizes as associated with Agent Orange exposure are presumed to have been exposed to herbicides. These Veterans do not have to show they were exposed to Agent Orange to be eligible for disability compensation for these diseases.

VA and the Department of Defense must determine the Veteran’s unit operated in the DMZ area and the Veteran was physically there.

VA's final regulation presuming herbicide exposure for these Veterans took effect on February 24, 2011."

- See more at: http://www.publichealth.va.gov/exposures/agentorange/locations/korea.asp#sthash.AGW84tzI.dpuf

You seem to be out of that time frame.

But there is more info here:
http://cybersarges.tripod.com/aoinkorea.html

such as the Camp Casey NHL vet who was awarded for AO exposure....

Nothing is impossible:

http://www.ibtimes.com/judges-surprise-ruling-veterans-exposure-toxic-chemicals-us-military-base-called-turning-1569225

And James Scripps, a hadit member, and since then a few other vets have proved exposure to AO in CONUS.

Where else did you serve and what disability do you have that is on the AO presumptive list?