VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Saw A New Psychiatrist Today

Rate this topic

I saw a new psych doctor today and am feeling much better about my treatment. He reviewed my chart and said, "Was this guy an idiot". We ended up making 6 medication modifications today. Mostly removing and cutting down medicines and raising 2 to therapeutic levels. He had me switch my Abilify to morning because of the fact that I cannot sleep well and it's main side effect is insomnia. He said you actually get a little energy boost with it. We did away with Trazadone and Zoloft and raised the Abilify and Seroquel. Then changed the Klonipin from 3 times a day to 2 times a day but increased it to 1.5mg to get the same dosage. He said that the changes should make me feel much better in the morning and feel less sedated as well. I just welcome this thing called sleep at night that I have heard people talk about. All in all a good visit.

Good for you,i finally got a pchysiatrist that made me feel comfortable.The session was an hour an a half.Every other doctor i ever had at the VA,the sessions were 20 minutes the most.From my experience most just want to write scripts and send you on your way.I hope your meds are straightened out,and you get the relief you deserve,i know what your going through,been there and still going through it,stay positive.

I tried my new medication regimen last night and even though I still had problems sleeping, I did not get the munchies. Tonight I am actually feeling like I am starting to get tired so hopefully it will help out a lot. I think that is why I was having so much difficulty getting my school work done.