VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Pr News On Choice Program

Rate this question

Berta

Question

VA Press Release

March 24, 2015, 08:44:00 AM

In part:

"VA Works to Expand Choice Program Eligibility

Eligibility criteria for 40 miles calculation would change to driving distance

Washington -- In order to expand eligibility for the Veterans Choice Program, the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) today announced that it will change the calculation used to determine the distance between a Veteran’s residence and the nearest VA medical facility from a straight line distance to driving distance. The policy change will be made through regulatory action in the coming weeks. The Veterans Choice Program was authorized by the Veterans Access, Choice, and Accountability Act of 2014 (VACAA)."

http://www.va.gov/opa/pressrel/pressrelease.cfm?id=2687

(I think they have had a lot of heat on this from vets and vet orgs. Up here in the hills of NY, raods that are over century old and always curved due to the hilly terrain , we always give directions in minutes and hours,)

because straight line miles mean nothing.)

)

Edited by Berta

• HadIt.com Elder

I still don't trust this system!

Likewise. It's like giving someone a weapon without the firing pin. Useless. I have tried utilizing this system and it has more road blocks than Filing a successful claim and winning what you're legally entitled. JMHO

Berta I am not in upstate NY but in Washington, DC where there is some of the worst traffic this side of hades! My appt.s in downtown DC take anywhere from 2-3 hrs to get to and back total 4-6 hrs. and I am only 22 miles and 3 bridges away!!

Stillhere

just remember this is a new program and the problems got to be work out but only through

feed back from vets Choice card is doing good for me I get dental and acupuncture treatment through

choice card. Just like everything else some hold ups but it can work if given the chance. It is some

problems but one is it new to VA EMPLOYEES ALSO I say given a chance it could work for the better

for the veterans. jmho

Edited by RUREADY

just remember this is a new program and the problems got to be work out but only through

feed back from vets Choice card is doing good for me I get dental and acupuncture treatment through

choice card. Just like everything else some hold ups but it can work if given the chance. It is some

problems but one is it new to VA EMPLOYEES ALSO I say given a chance it could work for the better

for the veterans. jmho

Fair enough. There only so many setbacks a person can tolerate. But yeah as long as it working for some and eventually will work for all.

Fair enough. There only so many setbacks a person can tolerate. But yeah as long as it working for some and eventually will work for all.

the thing about fee base is you have to do the leg work, like searching for the doctor that

will accept VA as PAYMENT or use one that VA has find or will try to find, its like filling your

claim. Always get fee base phone extension its differ from the medical center. I find my own doctors

but had to get them approve through fee base for treatments.

I say give feedback,, the acupuncture treatment through fee base I was told its the first on a trial basic and the

Director of Atlanta VA want to know whether it is helping or worsening my conditions. This will decide whether

they will offer this treatment to veterans or will it get close out or not be offer. I suppose to let primary care and the

Director know if its good or bad for Veterans.

Just to let you know how new it is to employees (I ask where is fee base located at no one could tell me at the

Atlanta VA) Given time it got hope and I'm 12 miles from a medical center but got fee base which is what I want.