Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Good Or Bad?

Rate this question

Dtown

Question

In February 2015 I was awarded 20% for L knee(10%) and tinnitus(10%). Both C&P done by civilian doctors. The process for my first claim took 10 months.

I filed a new claim on 2/26/2015 for hearing loss and righ knee (secondary). I was contacted today (3/27/15) and scheduled for C&P with VA doctors.

I did not expect such a quick response. Is this good or bad news for me?

Thank you!

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Thank you for the responses. I'm not expecting anything for hearing loss, but hopefully I can get a rating for my right knee (secondary). By the way I'm in El Paso, TX.

Navy04 did your FDC claims result positive for you?

Thanks again!

The goal is 125 days for simple increase claims; at least that is what the Salt Lake City VA told me. I just finished my two C&P exams last week and my 125 day deadline is 12 April so I think they will make that deadline. Good news is its not more than a year like it use to be.

Runrdud3

• HadIt.com Elder

I never believe time estimates by VA. This is a long haul project and can drag out. Hopefully not but the VA is not trustworthy

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

I never believe time estimates by VA. This is a long haul project and can drag out. Hopefully not but the VA is not trustworthy

I agree. 125 days is a stake in the sand set by someone a long time ago for the purposes of gauging performance. It's a goal, but nothing more than that. If the department or agency fails to meet a goal, there's an argument for more $$$. Sure they're driving at trying to get rid of the so-called backlog which is defined as claims older than 125 days. Probably not going to happen most places and not nationally IMO. But they're setting themselves up to rush stuff through quicker which doesn't necessarily mean you'll get a better, more accurate decision.

For Salt Lake City, the RO is reporting that the average claim worked since last October is taking 149.8 days to complete as of this past Monday. That's third fastest in the Western Region and whole lot faster than what my RO is claiming. There are ROs out there taking 9 months on average for each claim.