VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Veteran Charged With $800,000 In Fraud Of Disability Benefits.

Oiler1995

• 1 month later...

The VA is so busy with trying to cover up Scams of there own,they are blind when some one is scamming them.

Edited by DustyAO105

I could imagine how much of this stuff is going on,who didn't get caught yet,or may never get caught.Terrible.

a guy who did work for my former slumlord was granted IU but continued working. the VA caught up with him and terminated his IU. guy appealed and won.

Folks:

It's a good thing that they caught this guy and it's only a reflection on this individual and not the military community of Vets whom served their country and continue to be honest an above board. At one time and in a prior life, I used to investigate TDY Travel Fraud and the reality is that there's always a very small element that tries to game the system or are just dishonest. Unfortunately, it seems a small minority of Doctors, PAs and Nurses that do CP exams that are not necessesarily "Vet Friendly" use articles like this to justify their skepticism against some Vets? The good news is that when they do find someone like this and make an example of them in a criminal court then it helps to keep the system more honest. My Grandpa (whom lived to be 102) used to say that 'locks" are to keep basically honest people, honest. He said real thiefs can usually get past the locks, but for honest people, it's a small barrier to temptation - This brings great shame to this person and I hope that they get what the deserve in terms of strong punishment...

a guy who did work for my former slumlord was granted IU but continued working. the VA caught up with him and terminated his IU. guy appealed and won.
That is crazy,if he caught red handed working,how the hell could he win his appeal,who knows maybe his wife works on the appeals council. Edited by Oiler1995