VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

P&t Claim

Rate this question

rpowell01

Question

How would one go about filing a claim for P&T since this is not an actual disease or has a diagnostic code.

I am guessing I can just use the regulations and show how per the regulations that I am P&T?

I've been having a hard time focusing on just about everything lately but if it takes me a month to write this claim up then so be it.

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I am bringing this topic back up today because I have TWO things to talk about and a question to ask.

1. This past Friday I lifted a 40lb box of chicken leg quarters from the shopping cart into my SUV. I didn't feel any pain in my back when I did this. As I was putting the shopping cart back up where it belongs I started having pain in my right legs in the front part of my thigh and down into my shin. By the time I got home BOTH legs were in severe pain, again in the front of the thighs and into the shins of both legs. Since then I have not been able to sleep good because the pain is so severe not even any of the pain meds I have or muscle relaxers are helping. To be honest I have been crying Friday night, Saturday, Sunday and this morning because the pain is worse than I have ever felt before. What lumbar levels affect the Front-side thigh and in the shins? My wife keeps begging me to go to the ER but as I now know there is nothing they will do except charge me or my medicare an outragous bill. I don't trust my local hospital just as much as I don't trust the VA. Do you all remember the movie where the baby swapped occured? Yes that is my local hospital here in Wauchula, Hardee County, FL. Tomorrow I am suppose to have my third and final set of Facet Joint Blocks in my lumbar spine but I will explain to my doctor what had happened. I have feeling he isn't going to give me the shots but send me across the street from his office to have an MRI. I think I herniated or have a severely bulge disc. Its not the pain that bothers me but I can't have a stool without have pain in my lumbar and legs. I've been constipated and that doesn't help. This morning I took a suppository and 15 minutes later I was on the toilet. The pain was so bad in my back and legs I cried. I will admit that to anybody because unless you never felt this type of pain before be forewarned is one of the worst pains ever.

2. I am currently researching P&T/ permanent and total disability. I was granted TDIU March 2014 retro back to July 2013 but they didn't give me P&T even after TWO IMOs Dr. Bash wrotes stated that my conditions were in fact permanent and total. Vocational Rehab changed me to Independent Living Program and wrote me a letter stating I cannot go back to work. I completed the Independent Living Program last month and my Vocational Rehab Couselor stated that I cannot go back to work. She has helped me more than any person as the VA ever has. She is one of the few that really cares about veterans and their health.

So my question is does anybody here on hadit happen to have template for P&T I could use? Per the Federal Veterans Laws, Rules and Regulations I qualify for P&T and should have been given this when they granted me TDIU. So now I am going to file a claim for P&T but I don't know how to write this one up even though I wrote many others types of claims up before today. Is there a website that might have a template for P&T?

Thansk in advance,

Rob

Sorry to hear of your pain bud, as I have bad knees and a hole in my spine. As far as P&T, good luck bud. You know all the issues I have, and with this current claim there will be SC for my back, L knee, chronic asthma along with other issues being increased like my TBI and possibly PTSD. I truly wish you the best though, God Bless

Well this past Tuesday is a day, last day that I will ever, ever let anybody put a needle in me. This is not against any MD or anything but the pain I experienced as the MD did the Facet Joint Block Injections, three needles right above each other that when he shot each injection at the level, L5, I screamed with all the breath I had. I have never, ever felt pain like that ever in my entire life. There is no pain scale that I could place this pain on. It felt like I was having surgery without Anestethia.

BUT, within 10 minutes after the shot the pain in my legs subsided. I not just have the normal pain from the nerve damage.

I say that I will not let anybody touch me again because right now at this point and time I am litterally scared of anybody sticking anything in my spine because of that pain I experienced.

Very simple. Whatever you think you should be P&T for you request a increase and write next to it "Permanent and Total" There is a specific language that is attached to your exam that asks the examiner whether they think your condition will ever improve. Or you can file for an increase and pray that its PnT.