VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Confused On Location

Rate this question

mademike1

Question

I have my first C & P appointment and am a little confused on the location. I want to make sure I go to right spot so I do not miss my appointment.

This is how my letter looks:

Dear XXX XXXXXXX

You have been scheduled for the following Compensation and/or Pension

Examination(s) at the Harry S. Truman Memorial Veteran's Hospital, 800

Hospital Drive, Columbia Missouri (65201)

Edited

etc.

Now what is confusing me is it list Harry S. Truman Memorial Veteran's Hospital and its location then it mentions the ABANES Clinic and other codes i do not understand. May seem silly to ask but I want to make sure. I could not find any info doing a google search on the ABANES Clinic. What I would assume is that this clinic is inside the Veterans Hospital at the 800 Hospital Drive, Columbia Missouri (65201) location but I learned a long time ago not to assume something. Any info?

Edited by mademike1

My aunt has schizophrenia and always thought it was hereditary. She is the only extended family member or person i know with a mental illness and that was what I was worried I had. Talking to my mother about it she told me my father could of had it so assumed she knew what she was talking about. IE; I assumed she knew for a fact. So I told my psychologist my father had it and my primary doctor. A few weeks ago talking to my mother I discover the only reason she thought my father had it was because I had it and she thought it was hereditary and she knew she did not have it. No basis other then that which I know does not mean anything and does not mean my father had it at all.

During the C & P I did not say my father had it because I do not know and have no reason to suspect he did have it. This has me stressed out though because I did tell my psychologist he did have it. Did not lie, but feel I mislead them which I did not mean to. I will try calling and seeing if the C & P doctor can add those notes.