VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Looking For A Form To Submit With Imo Letter

Rate this question

wnappster

Question

Hi,

Since my last post I have filed for IU, SSDI and have been approved for Long term disability from employer insurance plan. I have been attempting to get an IMO saying that I am not employable. The VA Dr. will not do it because they are mandated by the VA legal counsel not to express direct opinions regarding compensation. The Dr.did say that I could get a form from the VA to submit with the letter to be written by a third party but I can't find this form. Should I just get a third party to review my records and do the letter? Any idea would be helpful.

Thank You

3 answers to this question

Hi,

Since my last post I have filed for IU, SSDI and have been approved for Long term disability from employer insurance plan. I have been attempting to get an IMO saying that I am not employable. The VA Dr. will not do it because they are mandated by the VA legal counsel not to express direct opinions regarding compensation. The Dr.did say that I could get a form from the VA to submit with the letter to be written by a third party but I can't find this form. Should I just get a third party to review my records and do the letter? Any idea would be helpful.

Thank You

wnappster, Personally, I believe your doctor should be able to state it as a medical "fact." "That a service member can't work due to the severity of their SC injury and/or injuries." The VA should mandate that VA doctors fill out Disability Benefit Questionaries DBQ's. However, some VA doc's refuse to do just that. Depends on the quality of the doctor. Ask your doctor to fill out the DBQ for your SC disabilities. A third party IMO/IME is great. If you're willing to cover the cost of the IMO/IME. I'd start with your civilian/family doctor. They can write a statement too. It needs to say that due to the severity of your medical condition. You're less likely than not to improve and as a result. Would be unable to maintain any gainful employment. JMO Other, more experienced people on Hadit may have better advice. Good Luck!

"NEVER GIVE UP"

I've never understood the premise of asking doctors to logically conclude if a current condition is connected to a previous past condition.

I'm basing this on the premise of the current doctor not treating the veteran in the past and having no finite knowledge of the veterans past medical history.

The better question might be is the current condition similar in symptoms or residuals to the previous condition listed in the military records.

The doctor can make a legitimate statement based on their knowledge of the disease or injury whether it be past or present.