Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rage

Rate this question

bionoce

Question

The way I originally dealt with it was a boxing bag. Picture what is bothering you and beat the ____ out of it. Dont just picture the circumstances at hand that put you in the rage, but try to think deeper as to what it really was that set you off. Then after a couple of years of beating everything that bothered me, i began looking for more peace. At first i needed to experience the anger and let it out...then peace. So now I recieve Reiki and accupuncture for PTSD. It does wonders.

While I'm not SC for PTSD(yet) I find that working my flowerbeds and such really do a number to calm me. My neighbor across the street, 100% Nam Vet, told me that's why he does it. But haven't been able to convince the wife to cut me some slack yet. She likes to follow me around and keep up the verbal attack.

Haha verbal attack. I know some people that have diarrhea of the mouth and I have to vacate the premises in family situations and at AA meetings.

Edited by bionoce

Old, post, but I am raging now. It has been building, I have tried to "break the chain" for a few days but it seems like it only built up worse, I just broke shit around my house and considered taking a couple bottles of pills...please no "active jumper" crap, I am on the back end now. My wife has absolutely no understanding of this and dumps it all back on me every time. I was explaining a incident that happened while deployed earlier this week, trying to open up and help her understand and all I got was "well, you couldn't do anything about that". Well, that is a huge part of the problem, now wasn't it? I couldn't fix it, I can't fix it, and I will never be able to fix it! People died because of me and I could not even tell you what they looked like, just erased. If I refused to do something I believed was wrong, those deaths would not be on my head. I would have dealt with the fall out but that I could own now and live with it without shame. But I put my faith in humanity, to be humane, and humanity is anything but that. I feel like a rock in a stream just being whittled down as time passes and can't hold all those tiny pieces of me that float away. I try to go back to before and I can't find it, it's gone in the mist. I am worthless to those I love, I am a poor example as a parent and no matter how hard I try, I am broken. And I break. I can only destroy, demolish, immolate and scourche. Everything I try to build on turns to sand and runs thru my fingers. I am pain incarnate and when I can no longer hold that pain, I spill it onto those close to me and spare strangers thru distance. There are few left close to me, but I feel a few is too many. I am toxic and I am not in control, I am lost and cannot find a path free of this tangled existence. I feed on conflict but I am no longer able to feed. So I eat myself; and those who are foolish enough to come to close.

If you feel the same, I am here with you. It is a lonely place. I must force myself to find an exit, even though I fear none exists. You must do the same.

• Founder

TALON II FE You are not alone.

I posted this earlier in the this thread but it holds true here also

Firstly I am sad to say there is no magic cure or elixir that I know of that will make it disappear. Somethings can help alleviate that rage feeling, remove yourself from the situation, i try and do things to normalize myself like brush my teeth and wash my hair. I have a bowl of stones I dump them out and then separate them slowly by shape color size it helps distract me. In the early days I would take a baseball bat to the workbench I could slam it away till it rage got to a level that I could then move on to finding something else to focus on. Sometimes I balance a pencil on my finger it requires you to focus on it and not so much on what set you off.

I know another guy who goes to the golf course and drives balls it works for him and his wife likes it better also. I refinished furniture for awhile which was very helpful in calming me, but I don't really have a place for it and the dust was just to much for my lungs, but it might be something you could try.