Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Have My Original Str's

Rate this question

glider222

Question

Before I send my original STR's off to Numan, GA, I am looking for opinions of how any of you experienced Veterans would go about copying and weeding out junk? Also, should I include my civilian treatment records such as MRI's, EMG's and surgery reports?

When I out processed I kept my original 201 file and med/dental records because I did not trust anyone and I am a Rebel. No one from my command has asked for them andd I have been medically retired since 2001.

I was denied service connection due they could not link my Active Training for the 2 weeks during my reserve training it was the reason and basis of my denial letter, they had asked for a LOD but none was done by the command for some reason my reserve AT was not in my service records since then my unit was decommiisined, this was back in 97, I was lucky enough to find a pay voucher and my orders in a box and sent that info in as new and material to reconsider(reopen) my claim,I had also got in touch with The NRPC in Millington and a very helpful person there was able to add the information I had to update my drill and AT points on my service record so now I have more proof of AT during there dates in question.

Thats great you were able to find that.

Thats great you were able to find that.

Thanks' It's just a waiting game, I guess claims under reconsideration do not show on ebenefits,last I spoke to my VSO and Peggy it was open and under review.

That's odd reopens, reconsideration should show up in ebenefits. How long ago was it filed?

It was showing on Ebenefits for about a month as a reopen with a new date but it Disappeared now nothing shows but the old closed claim in historical claims with the orginal close date, I was doing some reading on Reconsideration on the Va site and basicly it said that if a claim is asked to be reconsidered it will be handled as a reopen but to add a EP so that it is not to show as claim received only if a reconsideraion has a new claim being added to it it is to be assigned an EP 400 code showing claim received,something like this I am going by memory. so I guess someone at the Va accidently put this in as a new claim added but realizes later it was just a reopen and removed the EP code, as far as I know my VSO said it was still open as of 3 weeks ago.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Because you have original records, be sure to look at the back of every page. It is possible you might find some out of date sequence records on the back pages of other records. If they support your claim, include those too!

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.