Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is This True?

Rate this question

USCG CWO4

Question

In June of 2013 I submitted a claim for depression (changed by the VA to ptsd). Since that time I have been hospitalized 3 times, two times were for knee replacements and the other had to do with ptsd. My claim has finally gone to prep for decision, but I have never had a C&P for the 2nd knee replacement. So I called the DAV and let them know, cause I figured it would just get kicked back to gathering of dust. The DAV told me that sometimes they will not do a C&P exam if it was the samE Docter etc. Is that true?

Yes I did file claims for both knees and they attached them to the PTSD claim, that's why they said it is taking so long, cause it starts the clock over. When I call them they tell me that the average time for a claim in Philly is 4 months. I just laugh and ask them why is mine 5 times the average....then I hear crickets! I call the DAV cause it's been 14 months since my first knee replacement and 4 months since my last one and ask him what is going on and he laughs and tells me don't worry you'll get your retro!

Feel like all I can do is sit here and take it!

In June of 2013 I submitted a claim for depression (changed by the VA to ptsd). Since that time I have been hospitalized 3 times, two times were for knee replacements and the other had to do with ptsd. My claim has finally gone to prep for decision, but I have never had a C&P for the 2nd knee replacement. So I called the DAV and let them know, cause I figured it would just get kicked back to gathering of dust. The DAV told me that sometimes they will not do a C&P exam if it was the samE Docter etc. Is that true?

yes. i had a claim denied and never had a c and p exam.

I think I may be in a similar situation. I filed for several upgrades and secondary ratings. I had C & P for each except for my knees. On their decision letter it states that an exam is required, so no change. Well duh! That is kinda the point of applying for increase. The exam is so they can see what I already know. And a few days after that I got a letter stating that they are working very hard to ensure a fair and just ruling on my claim. And they requested an exam. Why would they separate my claims out like that? I thought they were going to try to rule on me without even checking me out.