Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is This True?

Rate this question

USCG CWO4

Question

In June of 2013 I submitted a claim for depression (changed by the VA to ptsd). Since that time I have been hospitalized 3 times, two times were for knee replacements and the other had to do with ptsd. My claim has finally gone to prep for decision, but I have never had a C&P for the 2nd knee replacement. So I called the DAV and let them know, cause I figured it would just get kicked back to gathering of dust. The DAV told me that sometimes they will not do a C&P exam if it was the samE Docter etc. Is that true?

I agree with Philip on this one bud. I have had a few SC granted on conditions with no C&Ps. Good luck my claim has been in Prep for Decision for over 2 months.

USCG CWO4,

You stated you filed a claim for depression (changed to PTSD by VA) in June 2013 but there is no mention in your post that you filed a claim for your knee replacements. Did you actually file a claim for your knee replacements?

GP

C and P exams are not always required. The VA is supposed to do them ONLY if the medical evidence is necessary to substantiate the claim. Sometimes, they are not necessary such as:

1. A doc has already given the applicable evidence.

2. There is no current diagnosis.

3. The Veteran is not eligible, for such things as a dishonarble discharge, not long enough (or not a Veteran) service, etc.