VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Fully Developed Claim

Rate this question

Andyman73

Question

If I submit a FDC, and all the evidence is already in the VA's system, and/or in my SMR. Do I need to send copies of those reports as evidence? What about an MRI done while on Active Duty? Would they have access to that as well?

Semper Fi.

Andy,

If you have copies of all of your evidence, including the report on the MRI; I would send them in with your FDC claim. You do not want to give the VA any reason to change your FDC claim to a standard claim. JMO

GP

GP,

The evidence is in my SMR, which I do have a complete copy of, and the VA has a digital copy of. And also treatment records from the VA itself. As far as the MRI, it was done at Camp Lejeuene back in 94. I'm not sure how I would go about getting a copy of that.

Andy

Don't ever depend on the VA that is for sure. My case for example, I was just medically retired in Feb 2013, yet it has taken 4 FDCs and over 30 C&Ps in the last two years to get everything SC, even though it was there and so recent. Good luck and God Bless!!!

If your claim stays an FDC your looking at an additional 12 mos of retro so why take a chance regarding evidence. I would scan to PDF and attach it all to your claim. You don't want some VA clerk missing something and bumping your FDC to a R Axx Claim and loosing the 12 Retro Bonus.

Semper Fi

Gastone

Andy,

I agree with Gastone and Navy. Do you really want to take the chance and not send copies of your records? You have nothing to lose and everything to gain by sending them. JMO

GP

Ok, guys, thanks for your guidance. Now, should I send them all in one mailing, or separate them out?

Of course I will be using the certified and return receipt from USPS.

Semper Fi

Andy