Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Help With Self Advocating For My Dro

Rate this question

SgtSmoke

Question

I am in the process of a DRO, at the VA Winston Salem Office Regional Office. I was kept quiet when the North Carolina Department of Veteran Affairs

falsified a power of attorney by which I lost my right to self advocate. The falsified power of attorney was back dated one year in order for it to say that I was being represented

by a different VA service organization that I have never talked to. When I confronted the Division Review Officer with this information during my DRO, she turned and spoke to both

the DAV rep, who had the falsified power of attorney, and an NC DAV rep that was also in the DRO with us. She started speaking to them like I was not even in the room.

She told them that I was not allowed to self advocate.When I told her that I wanted to go on the record regarding the fact that I am being refused health care at my local VA, she

again turned to the VSO's who had gotten themselves into my DRO, and told them that I could not go on the record. This DRO was set up by Assistant Director of the VA Winston

Salem Regional Office.He had personally shown interest in my case when I showed him proof of what was going on in my local VA at a town hall meeting. I had spoken to him and

shown him evidence of a two year battle with my VA, where they have shown severe misconduct and negligence. He told me during our conversation "Just the fact that

your service connected payments have gone up and down so many times in less than 6 months shows me that there is something wrong. I am going to get a professional

to take a look at your case from the beginning." I would later contact him via e-mail where he assigned me a representative to set up the DRO. I have evidence of

a VA system that has not only taken advantage of me but of several service connected veterans in the state of North Carolina. They know I have this information and are wiling

to deny me health care in order to keep this covered up. My question is, there is a Regional Office Section in your Forums. The section breaks down into the different VA

Regional Offices. It includes the North Carolina, Winston Salem Regional Office which has received almost 1600 views. Is there a way to be able to use this section of the forum.

When you go into this section of the forums it says that it was archived and that no posts are permitted. I wanted to see if I can use this part of the forums to connect with

others locally.

3 answers to this question

• Founder

SgtSmoke -The RO forum you speak of is read only.

You may want to post in VA Scandals

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.

Who or what VSO got you your initial rating? POA signed with 1st claims?

I really think you're entering the "No Fly Alone Zone," time to think about a VA Accredited Lawyer. You're alleging all kinds of misconduct on your VARO and the VSO-Rep. I think you have crossed the line from the Non Adversarial to definately adversarial, so you might as well Attorny up. You're going to need all the legal help you can get and 20% of Retro Is better than another 4- 8 yrs wrestling with the VA, or not. Your claim, your choice, keep us updated.

Semper Fi

Gastone

Concur with Gastone. Get a VA Accredited Lawyer. He will earn his 20%.