Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Personality Disorder But Not Really

Rate this question

willidx4

Question

Long story short I filed for ptsd in 2004 and was denied in 2005. The doc that did my C&P stated I had a personality disorder and a she gave me a GAF of 38 even though I was working everyday in Corp enviroment for 6 years prior to the C&P lol . I filed again in 2012 for PTSD after getting a DX by two private docs stating I have ptsd. The VA stood by its findings again in 2014 stating I had a personality disorder. The VA basically stated due to the fact that I got into a fight with another Marine when I was a private and I got a divorce two years later I must have had a personality disorder prior to me entering the service.The really nutty thing is the doc that stated I had a personality disorder in 2005 said I had a normal childhood with no history of abuse of any kind (confused yet?) I was discharged honorably on top of it all. I saw combat in Desert Storm as a grunt I have a documented stressor I have been on meds since 2005 (private doctors) In 2014 I was granted 30% IBS 10% arthritis right knee and 0% left knee. Recently my VA mental health doc stated I have MDD he stated verbally to me that I didn't and never have had personality disorder. I asked him to state that in the med records and he will not although he is treating me for MDD and anxiety. It seems to me the guy knows I have PTSD but doesn't want to state it in my records as it would contradict the other doc DX of personality disorder. I will never be treated for ptsd so the chance of me getting better are zero. How do I get these guys to wake the hell up and do the right thing?

• Answers 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Tell them what you have and what you experience daily. Use anger to get your point across. Those VA docs aren't the brightest of their class. With a GAF that low they keep toying with you? You said you have a documented stressor....submit for PTSD claim

I have also learned I had an active duty dx of personality disorder.

However I was retained in the service after the 72 hour psych ward visit for one year; total time active duty 4.5 years.

The very document diagnosing PD is contradictory in that the top center margin (top of page) has the acronym DNEPTE

I searched for days attempting to learn what this arcane string of letters meant; simply means "did not exist prior to entry."

So I finished duty separated honorably at EAOS with codes LBK/RE4.

I was granted war time pension, then SSDI, and then dropped NSCP to receive the 10% compensation.

Hint; hospital records are located in a different location than medicat record; they do not want you to see them.

The county VA service officers are not effective advocates.

Apply to the 6 week intake program at Salem, VA.  I had a similar problem EVEN AFTER A S-ATTEMPT!!   Eventually I just drove to the Emergency Room and said "I feel like I might make another attempt. Make me an inpatient."  They kept me in a windowless room for THREE DAYS waiting for a bed to open up, and then finally said they had secured an application from the Salem Virginia facility and I was approved to go.

Here's my concern over this whole matter.

Your doctor stated you don't have MDD yet he's treating you for it and I assume medicating you for that condition. If he knows you don't have what he's treating you for then that's malpractice in my mind and probably actionable.

I also got shot down for PTSD by my quack C&P examiner. It seems to be a common theme. You get screwed by your branch of service and then you get screwed by the VA. Glad to see Class Action suits will be a thing in the near future to finally stop this idiocy and force government doctors to either do the right thing or be held accountable. Also forgot to add C&P doc gave me a PD diagnosis as well after a 20 minute smoke show.

Edited by LongTooth