Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

20% Disabled Id Card?

Rate this question

ktm rider

Question

Hello,

I have searched and searched for an answer to this question but there just doesn't seem to be one out there so I will ask here.

How do I get some kind of ID card proving 20% disability? Everytime I try to use a veterans discount for something they ask for an ID card. I am talking about trivial things of course like discounts at Lowe's for instance.

Well, I just bought a few plants and some roller casters for the wife's table at Lowe's, and figured I'd give my new VIC card a try. I pulled it out and showed it to the clerk, and asked if they give veteran discounts. He looked at it, smiled, and said, "We sure do!". Then he subtracted 10% off my pre-tax balance. It worked! Not too bad at all. Thanks to Lowe's for being veteran-friendly, and for all of you here for the great advice. Thanks!

Mark

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Awesome! I use mine all the time. Lowe's, Home Depot, Bass Pro Shops, movie theaters, etc...

Also, on benefits you can also print out letters that can be used to prove your military service. Here in Alabama, I used this letter from ebenefits to get a disabled veteran license plate and a discount on registering my vehicle. The VAMC ID card is not sufficient for those things. Of course, those type of benefits may vary from state to state.