Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Finished Today

Rate this topic

josef7070

First off, I want to thank you all for your help in the last few years. I just received my rating:

70% SC PTSD

10% SC Residual Scar

100% P/T IU

The only thing that I need to ask you folks, and maybe Berta remembers, is that the RO called me, a VA rep and asked me to pull three contingencies from my appeal and do a re-open. So, I did

and told her that I did not want to lose all of the years that I have waited without a break in time. My effective date is October 2014, they did not honor the November 2011 date that the VA rep

told me that I would not lose. So, should I put a NOD for a reconsideration on the correct effective date, I also have in writing (fax) stating that the VA rep asked me to pull these contingencies?

Thank you all and God Bless....

josef7070

Congratulations!

The effective dates are governed by law, and its not suprising to see the VA not keep their word, again. They hope you dont appeal, or that you mess up on one of the many traps they have set for you. For example, if you file the nod late. Or, if you dont send the I9 in on time. (within 60 days). Or, the BVA judge messes up. Or, even if you win at the BVA level, they still have to implement the decsion, and they dont always do that. (That is exactly where I am at now, fighting VA to implement what the Board already told them to do.)

Same same here, low balled me by 12 months. Put NOD right away to BVA with evidence, its presently in stage two on E-ben in 14 days. will let all know what gives.

Sorry to hear that. Keep up with the NOD. Thanks, I will put the NOD right away, as soon as I get the letter. They are low balling three years, that crazy. The claim started in November 2011, they said because of a re-open or

reconsideration that it will start in Oct 2014.... that nuts. I know that they cant legally do that. I called the Director of Dirty Waco RO and told her, since she was already aware of who I was. She told me that she was going to

get the info to the appropriate people. I hope I can catch them before they finalize my claim, and revisit the effective date. She agreed that three years is "unfair to throw away".....

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use