Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu Pt But Working On Ss & Fers Claims

Rate this question

DocFMF

Question

Hello all and this is my first post on HADIT.COM. Please bear with me as I learn the ropes around here. My situation is a bit bass ackwards from what most of the posts I have read on this subject since my IU claim with the VA processed faster than my OPM or SS Claims.

The friday prior to Memorial Day I was informed that the VA fully developed IU claim I submitted on 01/21/2015 had veen approved at 90% but uped to IU for 100% P&T. (AMAZING TIMEFRAME YEAH) This was up from my previous combined 80% rating from when I filed. I'm a 29 year (with 10 year military buy back) WS wage grade supervisor federal employee that has been out of work on LWOP since 01/05/2015 due to my many medical and mental conditions.(Yeah all us supervisors are a little nuts) I filed for my FERS disability retirement from OPM as well as SSDI from Social Security at the same time as I filed for IU with the VA.. OPM initially denied me about 3 weeks earlier but I have an appeal in now. I just sent OPM and SS a copy of my 100% PT claim letter. Also I am 54 and cannot normally retire from civil service for another year and 1/2 due to my age. I contacted SS to request they place me on their VA IU PT 100% program to speed up things on their end. I have only one more SS C&P in early June. I suffer from a ton of conditions both VA service connected and not. My highest VA rating is 70% for PTSD

Ok with all of that said..... What importance/emphasis will OPM & SS place on my IU rating with the VA? What sort of timeframe should I expect from SS? OPM?

I hope I covered everythin. Any information / direction in this matter will help a lot.

Thanks in advance

DocFMF

is that really it just quit? Man I know that I am done but is there really no better way. My retirement package is with the only four people that work medical retirement cases. Four months is the current prediction on competition with the 12 month rider. Serious detriment to my difficulties at work are my hands and back, with the exception of the broken small digit. however, all of my service connected issues impact my career.

I hear you on the thoughts, I had to do what I did to the inanimate object or things would be a heck of a lot worse.

Edited by ArNG11

Mr. A

:ph34r: " FIGHT TILL YOUR LAST BREATH " :ph34r:

you need to ask yourself what you're really trying to accomplish man. You're spinning your wheels by staying on a job that's causing nothing but aggravation. Again, YOU CANNOT be awarded TDIU while employed in any capacity. You may or may not receive OPM disability retirement. You staying on that job isn't helping you in any way.

Bionoce, you have valid points. I'm actually considering writing a resignation letter. I'm at my hand docs now with my cast off and looking at all my scars. I'm stubbornly devoted to my career but I can't kid myself any longer. Simple every day task are difficult and painful. Can't even turn a wrench any more with my right hand. I just feel like I'm walking into an ambush while getting closer to the kill box right before the trigger is getting squeezed.

Mr. A

Yeah I agree. They know this and use it to their advantage. Seems I have to rally up my plans of attack. From what information I've been given resigning is not a good option without giving up certain rights and benefits. Crap. Regrouping?!?

Mr. A

Well it's official. I am no longer a federal employee. Sadly I filed for disability retirement and Washington just sent me the notice a couple of days ago. Disability retirement approved. I now have a retired AF Civilian ID. This post is not related to VA per say, however, I am planning on filing for IU or TDIU, not sure on what route would pose the least resistance though. I am headed to SSA tomorrow to file a claim again, however, this time I am no longer employed.

Question with VA. Are these the best routes to take while I have claims headed to BVA? I realize that SSDI approval would be favorable, along with the OPM retirement, however, I would like opinions. Although I can try to bring hell fire to DC I am not sure I can keep the necessary pace. These days of late have taken a lot out of me and while I am still willing to fight, and going to for that matter, it is exceedingly difficult to keep the steady cadence.

Mr. A