VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Well-Too Good To Be True-Back To Pending Decision Again?

Rate this question

rootbeer22

Question

Folks:

After my CP exams, my claim seemed to be moving quickly but, I Called 1 800 # last week after 7 weeks at Pending Decision Approval and was told, "claim was signed off" on 04/10/2015 and fully Completed on 04/15/2015? So, I've been watching for any ebenefits updates or envelop in the mail? Well tonight, I checked "ebenefits" and saw that almost a year was now added to the claim completion date on ebenefits and the comment said, that "additional documents" were/are required from somewhere else?" Once again, it's an FDC, so they should have everything that they needed from the start? What is odd, is that the 1800 rep last week said, it was all signed off on already and completed? I know this is common to switch back and forth but it's really frustrating. I guess, I'll call the 1800# in the morning and ask to see what the issue is and hopefully get some kind of answer?

Edited by rootbeer22

Andyman73:

One never knows what's going to happen when it comes to these ratings and what gets SC? Although, most SME's on this board will discuss the fundamentals of having the right evidence and SMRs, at the end of the day, it's all very subjective and what matters most is whom is working your case in the first place. I got a letter from the VA asking for more information but it seems like it's more about justifying the extra time, then my case itself. So, I'll play along and hopefully, the claim will go in my favor in the end. The HBP issue is interesting because my HBP was such a big problem in service, there's all kinds of comments and diagnosis about my blood pressure being "out of control" but yet VBA says its still not enough...evidence? When I did the First HBP DBQ, the nurse gave me a hard time and asked me if I had taken my HBP meds...this really insulted me...but we' ll see how my next appointment goes and hopefully it's enough to receive the HBP connections?

Edited by rootbeer22

Rootbeer,

I just made initial contact with the MH dept. so as I get into that program, and file the subsequent cliams, maybe they will see it differently. Only time will tell.

Andy

Well I went PFD yesterday! I pressed the "decide my claim" on 4/23/15 on my FDC claim I filed on 2/4/15....We will see how long this will be...I think it will be over soon.

Navy4Life:

Wow...Great News and I wish you the best and maybe the timing of this is good for both of us? We already know that a lot of promises have been made to Congress about this year being the one that gets the backlog down-so it's in the VBA interests to do so. Frankly, claims are being decided in/at record numbers right now for this big FY 15 push. At one point a couple of weeks ago, the 1 800 rep said that my claim was finished and signed off but came back and said mistakes were made with my file-, then, the request for more info popped up on ebenefits? Hopefully, it will come out best for both of us? I've been trying to get a sense of the trends with regard to claims success versus denials or deferments but it's been tough because the amount of data is a pretty small sampling. Once some folks finally get their ratings, they don't always come back and report it to the hadit.com board in terms of their final claims outcome? I spoke with the QTC Reps last Friday and they are going to try and get me done very soon in terms of the two new exams that I need. It appears that the DBQ's expired, so I have to do them again? I guess the good news is they could have just denied the contentions in question but are at least they appear attempting to give me a fair shot at reviewing them with updated exams? I guess, I had more contentions on my actual hard copy claims paperwork, then the VSO put electronically into the VBMS system and that's why I think they missed it originally? I cancelled my VSO's power of attorney because they were not helping very much.....So, here we are again on the "hamster wheel or roller coaster"...but we are making progress now and I think it's only a matter of weeks before it's sorted out for us, to get the results of our claims....at least we'll know what the next steps will be when we get the results. Frankly, I'd like to just get a good outcome-first go round...so I don't have to spend years and years dealing with this stuff..but I know the percentages of success are still very small....but I'm prepared either way,,,,good luck and godspeed to you and yours,,,,,rootbeer22

Edited by rootbeer22

Rootbeer;

The wait is the worst...My timeline from the original start of my claims to now has been a bit of a long road. Although this FDC claim seems to moving fast I am not anticipating the best outcome from the VA.

I am in appeals status as we speak since Dec. 2014 and expect it to be a long haul for my left toe condition and my right ankle/foot which were denied by the VA. At today's post op appointment my VA Podiatrist informed me that while performing the surgery last week he noticed a significant tear in my toe (which has been denied S/C by the VA and I am appealing it) and had to repair it while performing surgery. I asked him if he thought this was an old tear and he said yes. My concern is trying to prove the tear is related to my fractures I incurred while on AD. I sent him a secure message in hopes of discussing it further with him and possibly getting an IMO from him. We will see....

I am glad to hear you have exams coming up for your contentions. As you stated at least it sounds like they are wanting to ensure your contentions are still in the same condition when the DBQ's were done last year. Who knows maybe you have worsened? God Speed!