VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Well-Too Good To Be True-Back To Pending Decision Again?

Rate this question

rootbeer22

Question

Folks:

After my CP exams, my claim seemed to be moving quickly but, I Called 1 800 # last week after 7 weeks at Pending Decision Approval and was told, "claim was signed off" on 04/10/2015 and fully Completed on 04/15/2015? So, I've been watching for any ebenefits updates or envelop in the mail? Well tonight, I checked "ebenefits" and saw that almost a year was now added to the claim completion date on ebenefits and the comment said, that "additional documents" were/are required from somewhere else?" Once again, it's an FDC, so they should have everything that they needed from the start? What is odd, is that the 1800 rep last week said, it was all signed off on already and completed? I know this is common to switch back and forth but it's really frustrating. I guess, I'll call the 1800# in the morning and ask to see what the issue is and hopefully get some kind of answer?

Edited by rootbeer22

Get a hobby. A watched pot never boils. Checking ebenefits or calling Peggy five times a day wont speed up your claim.

I know its frustrating. Most of us have been through it. I lost my home waiting for my benefits to arrive.

Because of this, VA now has ONE VERY, VERY determined Veteran who is fighting relentlessly for my benefits, back to when I applied in 2002, before I lost my home. (which the VA shredded). I will soon enter my 13 th year fighting, and, since I know it took Alex (ask nod) 20 years for his benefits, I am ready for another 7 years of fighting. This said, I have a few tricks up my sleeve to, hopefully end this without seven more years of fighting. These tricks include:

1. Email Ms. Hickey, and Bob McDonald. This puts pressure on my RO director to get me to stop emailing Allison.

2. Hiring an attorney.

3. Filing a Writ of Mandamus.

I now have my RO directors email, from Ms Hickey. When I think about telling My RO director something, I wait about 7 to 10 days before I "send" the email. I ask myself:

a) Is this email "productive"?

b) Am I giving the VA an "out" to save face?

c) Is this email my depression talking?

d) Is everything I say in the email not only TRUE, but provable and I cite references?

e) Am I cutting my own throat saying this and giving VA an "excuse to deny"?

f) Am I saying this in the most positive way, or am I "threatening" them, making things worse?

Sometimes, less is more. I think its important to state your case, and even cite regulations, but focus on how you meet the applicable criteria often using VA's WRITTEN words against them, as well as the regs. Dont tell VA you need the money for grandkids, their school, your wife's birthday, my sons upcoming wedding. I already know they dont care about that. Its been almost 3 years..since my August 2012 board decision required VARO to adjuticate TDIU. Right now, I am saving all emails to show the judge at the CAVC that this 3 year delay is not just from all the delays, but from the RO deliberately "non compliance" with the BVA. Im doing my homework, and know the 38 CFR's..many from memory.

Edited by broncovet

• HadIt.com Elder

Remember, FDC program is cutting out the I year retro issues effective Aug 5th 2015

but rootbeer is safe I think its any claims after that date!

...................Buck

Edited by Buck52

I know I don't post much, but I want to say that threads like this keep me going. It kind of reminds me of all those group therapy sessions the military puts you in when you are getting treatment of PTSD or other mental disorders. In those groups, it was nice to feel that I am not alone in dealing with things. That is what Hadit and posts like this remind me of, that I am not alone and that there are many of us that are just "along for the ride" with the VA. Thank you rootbeer, broncovet and the many others that share your experiences. Reading that helps keep me (somewhat) sane!

Edited by seejeremy