VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Well-Too Good To Be True-Back To Pending Decision Again?

Rate this question

rootbeer22

Question

Folks:

After my CP exams, my claim seemed to be moving quickly but, I Called 1 800 # last week after 7 weeks at Pending Decision Approval and was told, "claim was signed off" on 04/10/2015 and fully Completed on 04/15/2015? So, I've been watching for any ebenefits updates or envelop in the mail? Well tonight, I checked "ebenefits" and saw that almost a year was now added to the claim completion date on ebenefits and the comment said, that "additional documents" were/are required from somewhere else?" Once again, it's an FDC, so they should have everything that they needed from the start? What is odd, is that the 1800 rep last week said, it was all signed off on already and completed? I know this is common to switch back and forth but it's really frustrating. I guess, I'll call the 1800# in the morning and ask to see what the issue is and hopefully get some kind of answer?

Edited by rootbeer22

Folks:

Also, just got a call from VBA that besides the Cardio Test and was told that I have to do another Hearing Test again because the contractor that did my original did not do an adequate test? That's interesting because as soon as I sat down with the Contract Audiologist, she said that she had already reviewed my file and previous Army tests and said she could confirm that I had significant to moderate hearing loss just from the files already? So, I thought that it was going to go in my favor for the ratings, but now it looks like the VA wants a second opinion on the matter? The good news is the VBA rep said as soon as these tests are done that everything else has been done and I will get my ratings? I'm going to see the QTC Folks in Tukwila, Washington, so if anyone can tell me about their experiences with theses folks, it would be appreciated. At least, I know what to expect of the hearing test because I've been thru one before....locally.

Edited by rootbeer22

I don't know why they are having you come in again for hearing. VA hardly if ever grants more than 0%. I was aviation and have moderate loss in l ear, and severe in r ear, yet am 0% for both. Sad that VA is dragging your dang claim out for this stupidy. Good luck and keep us posted bud

Navy04:

I feel the same way about the possiblity of getting SC for hearing? I've know many people that have severe hearing that get 0 for it as you say? As for the Hypertension Eval, it should work out OK for me..I have 23 years of HBP ratings......but mainly a waste of time now? The 1 800 Rep said, it was very odd as he read the notes because it showed that my claim was approved...but then not? But, if I can get better SC ratings, it may be worth it in the end...take care...

Hang in there bud, and sorry to hear of Blood pressure. I actually have high blood pressure and cholesterol, VA prescribed meds and I have not even filed for SC, cause I sure don't want to rock the boat anymore. God bless

Rootbeer;

Are you also claiming Tinnitus? Getting another Audio test in my opinion is frustrating but at the same time might be a positive for you.

Also you stated above:

The 1 800 Rep said, it was very odd as he read the notes because it showed that my claim was approved...but then not?

The above statement concerns me b/c the rep's are not supposed to state anything like they stated to you. It's not their position/job to do so...Misleading info can come from them trying to state your case.

Just hang in there..I know it's frustrating but I also know the feeling of the "unknown"....

Hang in there bud, and sorry to hear of Blood pressure. I actually have high blood pressure and cholesterol, VA prescribed meds and I have not even filed for SC, cause I sure don't want to rock the boat anymore. God bless

Back in '13 I filed for both hypertension and high cholesterol. Both denied, more than half the bp readings in my SMR are high, to the point they had me do a 3 day bp reading test, where they record your bh sitting standing etc 3 or 4 times a day for 3-4 days. Overall average was 140s over 90s. Denied. Also I noted 3 times in my SMR that they took blood for cholesterol check, and it was high, and noted by tech as such...Denied. My PCP has been treating me for both for 5 years now. He is the one that officially DX me for both.